Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2008 Hot Rod karting article / Adams Riverside VKA in one week !
One week until the Riverside Adams Raceway VKA event !

Here is a link to a 2008 Hot Rod article about vintage karting. Make sure you click and see the additional photo gallery:

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/0806rc-go...f-america/
That was a really cool read! And great pictures Thanks.
Thanks to the original Petersen Publishing Company and their gear head employees for writing and photographing
the early days.  As I've posted many times...I grew up in that era , saw first hand what Art Ingels, Tom Pierson, Duffy Livingstone, et al   were creating.

I read every publication that had hot rods and hopefully Karts in them.....every time my folks said want to go to the market.....I went because I could go look at the magazines, bought only the good stuff.....as funds were available Big Grin .

Now with the internet .....lots of the history is searchable.....so if you find interesting items please post.......we've lost
our other Forum and have no idea if it's going to be revived.....so time to rebuild and retell Smile .

In 1959, Livingstone and Go Kart Manufacturing built the first track dedicated exclusively to karting. The Go Kart Raceway in Azusa, California, was the site of the GKCA’s first National Championship that July, covered by R&C in its November issue.
The following year, Frank and Mary Adams opened a track on their farm, located on the eastern edge of Riverside. Tom Medley and Randy Holt, both of whom worked at Petersen, made the trek to Riverside every Saturday night (along with many other enthusiasts) to race under the lights.
The Go Kart Raceway has long since disappeared, but the Adams Kart Track continues to this day, still owned and operated by the Adams family (it hasn’t hurt that there were 11 offspring and dozens of nieces and nephews to keep it rolling). The 48-year-old facility has expanded and evolved, and continues to be the venue of choice for many major events

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Another great article, Autoweek 2006 featuring Adams Raceway and karting legends, see 28 additional photos in the article:

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/kar...ornerstone