Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fall swap meet report
well did a few swaps this weekend.i managed to get a set of dico front 4" rims awesome as i just got a kart needing them.
found a guy selling transponders complete in box.he wasn't sure they held charge but i know how to replace the batteries. bought both for 55.00 but resold one right then to buddy for 30. i know they are big bux but he's a buddy so who cares. bought a bunch of front wheel bearings same guy and control arms a couple of modern wheel hubs front. paid small money. reason i got these deals was a guy selling out in four stroke was there. it pays to waste some time looking through ANY kart stuff bearing don't care what wheel they are installed in those were american made and cost a buc each.got an original margay tank 3.00 from another four stroke guy.found a rupp mini bike frame complete with tank,seat and clutch. got a really good price will be selling that soon.found another neat mini bike frame with front wheel with brake. wasn't gonna buy but at 20.00 couldn't leave it. got a decent yamaha motor found with 5 third bearing mounts a few odds and ends. another good buy.
i'll be putting those in store which will be reopened pretty soon just gearing up now. i saw the same early dead axle kart i've seen for several years now. the guy wants 300.00 firm for it. never budges on price. it's not worth 300.00 and even if he loses i can't see why he keeps dragging it around. just loading and unloading over the years is NUTS to me.

so found not much rare vintage but good stuff anyway.even made several new friends. one lives in ct his name is dave also. he has several simplexs. i have his number i hope will be touching base with him to get him to scotts event in july.
also met a guy that does c&c complete motor builds. he also has been thinking to join vintage hopefully he'll get into the sport. seemed like a knowledgable guy.

a friend went to a different swap meet than i. he got a rupp and what looked like a margay. he buys to resell the margay was sold before he left i got the rupp.
sadly he just missed by seconds getting a simplex. it had original rims clean frame with original paint AND a mint tear drop tank.
went for $ 60.00 so deal are still around. that's all i got
dave l