Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GK 1200 engine mounting
I am trying to help a fellow karter put a GK1200 kart together. When he acquired it, it had a broken direct drive dyna-drive gearbox. He wants to put a conventional sprocket and chain on it. However there is no engine mount on it. Does anyone have a picture of what the engine mount looks like or have an extra mount? I attached a picture of what the rear of the kart currently looks like.

Thanks,

Michael

.jpg   IMG_2918.jpg (Size: 667.08 KB / Downloads: 14)
If I am not mistaken Azusa still sells those same motor mounts. But for them to be useful the engine has to move up and down to adjust the chain. The axle is almost centered to the motor mount slots which does not allow for movement either direction that actually changes chain tension.

Steve Lord may want to bend your ear for some dimensions off of that frame. He posted earlier about repoping the 800. Nothing major different between the late 800 and 1200 except for swing mounts.
(03-17-2023, 07:11 PM)Terry Bentley Wrote: If I am not mistaken Azusa still sells those same motor mounts. But for them to be useful the engine has to move up and down to adjust the chain. The axle is almost centered to the motor mount slots which does not allow for movement either direction that actually changes chain tension.

Steve Lord may want to bend your ear for some dimensions off of that frame. He posted earlier about repoping the 800. Nothing major different between the late 800 and 1200 except for swing mounts.

Thanks for the suggestion for the Azusa mount. My friend had a swing mount that was close to the pictue of the mount on the Azusa web site and we were able to modify it slightly to make it fit. We are using a Mcculloch angled mount so that will allow for the chain adjustment.