Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GoKart 800 ground clearance questions
Nevermind.
 I found the answer to my question "back end frame height of a GK800/1200". 
Thanks for looking! 

Hi everyone,

Greetings from St. Louis.

My name is Steven Lord and my question:

Could anyone provide me the distance between the ground and front half of the frame on a GoKart 800?
I would also like to know the same for the back half.

I'm building a GoKart 800 replica. I have most measurements except frame height.

I'm thinking I saw somewhere the front end rests about 2" above the ground but again, I might be mistaken.
I need the back height of frame to ground as well.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Like a lot of karts built around this time, 2 inches is the listed clearance. Since the bottom of frame is more or less level with the ground, it will remain at this clearance or just slightly more farther back.

This also will change depending on tire and wheel sizes you choose. The front wheels could be 4 or five inch. The kart came with both knobbies and slicks. Different tire brands will yield different overall ride heights obviously.

The seat hoop on the 800 is exactly the same as used on the earlier model 400.

The Go-Kart 800 used mostly Azusa parts. These parts are still available from them. The last time I checked out their catalog, you could get the spindles, with mounts, steering shaft kit, steering wheel, tierods, pedals, flat plate motor mounts, rear axle, bearing hangers, bearings, sprocket hub and original disk brake.

If you want some close ups and track test of this kart, check out the HOT ROD kart tests and Go-Kart ads a few posts below yours here. The kart test was published in October 1960 issue of HOT ROD.
Thanks Terry, however, I need to know the back end height from ground to frame.
Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Blue arrow points to unknown height.

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_20230212_124808~2_1676227819545.jpg (Size: 41.28 KB / Downloads: 18)
.jpg   IMG_20230212_131017~2.jpg (Size: 46.69 KB / Downloads: 12)
Found the answer. Thank you for looking!
You came here asking questions. Not everyone here has a Go-Kart 800, so not getting much response back. You found the answer, so how about sharing it with others? This is one way to increase your reputation and thumbs up from the members here.
Yes. Go-karts 800 and 1200 frames have a 2" clearance in front and a 4" clearance in back.
Just for clarification, is 4 inches how much the seat pan drops below the frame? That would make the ground height you were wanting at 6 inches, which makes sense.
That is correct. My mistake in not clarifying.
I pulled this from a magazine ad. Might help to guestimate some of the dimensions.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5269]

Attached Files
.jpg   GK 800 BP (3).jpg (Size: 496.08 KB / Downloads: 34)
(02-24-2023, 07:40 PM)Terry Bentley Wrote: I pulled this from a magazine ad. Might help to guestimate some of the dimensions.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5269]
Thanks Terry! Much appreciated.