Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHO WANTS TO TAKE STAB AT THIS ONE ?
I'll be the 1st.
I'd a bought that west bend he threw away which was actually a 60cc Arctic Cat Kawasaki Kitty Cat engine from 71-75.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/N20c05KCLY4?rel=0

There's a lot more I'll save for Ya'All to have fun with.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304653216806?ha...R5Crpsv2YA

JEEZ !
if he listed it as a resto mod there would be little to comment on. price is insane to me but i am used to hobbiest prices. overall a over done kart for sure but i never really liked chrome. some people do.
Dave L.
all I can say is ..Insane on the build and the pricing...

I'll let my 200 go for a mere $8595.00 and its correct...

OK David,,calm down, just joking...

GW
The video is very misleading as it shows a kart with a tuned exhaust instead if the Gem box muffler that is on the kart as shown.  He did say it was a MC9, but with the external condenser box it looks more like a MC10.  Then a MC10 has the smaller intake area, so I don't think that big carb and manifold will work right.  Your thoughts?

Bob Alexander
(10-11-2022, 09:56 AM)Bob Alexander Wrote: The video is very misleading as it shows a kart with a tuned exhaust instead if the Gem box muffler that is on the kart as shown.  He did say it was a MC9, but with the external condenser box it looks more like a MC10.  Then a MC10 has the smaller intake area, so I don't think that big carb and manifold will work right.  Your thoughts?

Bob Alexander

EXACTLY..again..just so much is not correct for that Kart..and that time frame

gw
the kart on the track is a twin.

Your hoping its a MC 10.....It could be a D44 72cc or even a 80cc saw motor instead of 87cc for the MC10.

Or worse; it could be a Widgacar abomination.
(10-11-2022, 03:08 PM)Mark Loraine Wrote: the kart on the track is a twin.

Your hoping its a MC 10.....It could be a D44 72cc or even a 80cc saw motor instead of 87cc for the MC10.

Or worse; it could be a Widgacar abomination.

OMG...stop swearing with that WIDGACAR thang
to be honest my free time is too valuable to watch his whole video.
 i did scan parts of it.
it looks like any guy trying to make a buck on a new trend.
and somebody wanting a vintage kart to be cool will probably buy it. 

anyway, if he has an external points box on his "artpiece" it isn't an mc9. 
good chance its a kart converted saw motor or worse a repainted and refitted with kart parts saw motor. 
almost makes me willing to make other comments on his kart.
but why bother?

instead i will say at least people are becoming more aware of the potential value of a vintage kart.
why is this good?
price wise it won't be but we probably will see less old karts being cut up to make "improvements". 
that possibility is a good one.
and like cars and bikes someone with little or no knowledge may start out at an unreasonable price.
 but when it doesn't sell that'll self correct.

will this trend raise prices?
i'm sure it will.
but the good side of that is it makes repops a viable option.

just my random thoughts for today.
Cool
Dave L.
Dave,
In my cognitive dissonance trying to avoid thinking about soldering a new component kit into my CDv-700 Anton Geiger Counter, I'm still focused on karts. So David, I hear that, even though you know, I know about "worldly things ", I still just can't let go.

Thanks for thinking positively.

Mark L./SWNY
(10-12-2022, 11:36 AM)Mark Loraine Wrote: Dave,
In my cognitive dissonance trying to avoid thinking about soldering a new component kit into my CDv-700 Anton Geiger Counter, I'm still focused on karts. So David, I hear that, even though you know, I know about "worldly things ", I still just can't let go.

Thanks for thinking positively.

Mark L./SWNY

Just got a note from Ebay saying he is taking bids now on the kart...