Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just bought this, ID support please
Hey guys I just bought this. It had Hands Spyder wheels, which is the reason I bought it.
They butchered the back end.
I gave the kart to my friend, minus the wheels.
Can anyone ID the maker and year?
Thank you!

.jpeg   BF11D687-7EB4-4F7E-8CF9-E8F3F5B47FD8.jpeg (Size: 68.65 KB / Downloads: 59)

Attached Files
.jpeg   EBB0AA4B-0214-47E6-98DF-F902A5C948D5.jpeg (Size: 574.97 KB / Downloads: 30)
.jpeg   5FDE9D8B-2646-40DD-AE86-95586D4EDE69.jpeg (Size: 728.41 KB / Downloads: 23)
Should not be hard to figure out what chassis this is. All of the parts look to be from 1960/61.

That rear bearing hanger is what should narrow down who made it. I know the Drag "N" Fly used similar ones. Except it used three bolt flanges, not two hole. But rest of the frame is much different.

With a short front porch extension and tie rods behind shaft is not so common before 1960 and after 1961. A whole bunch of frames came this way for a very short time. Then mostly went back with steering forward until much later in the 60's.

This frame uses mostly Azusa components like steering wheel, shaft, pedals, and maybe even those spindles. The sprocket hub is the early quick change model that was replaced in summer 1961 with the newer, lighter and stronger Mark II. Also nearly half the price.

It also looks to have the small Azusa hub for Bendix brake too.

Aside from those bearing hangers the frame is mostly generic for 1960.

I have seen this frame before somewhere. It is likely some small So-Cal hole in the wall that went under like most small companies did in 1961. But I will keep my eyes open.
(08-08-2022, 07:03 PM)Terry Bentley Wrote: Should not be hard to figure out what chassis this is. All of the parts look to be from 1960/61.

That rear bearing hanger is what should narrow down who made it. I know the Drag "N" Fly used similar ones. Except it used three bolt flanges, not two hole. But rest of the frame is much different.

With a short front porch extension and tie rods behind shaft is not so common before 1960 and after 1961. A whole bunch of frames came this way for a very short time. Then mostly went back with steering forward until much later in the 60's.

This frame uses mostly Azusa components like steering wheel, shaft, pedals, and maybe even those spindles. The sprocket hub is the early quick change model that was replaced in summer 1961 with the newer, lighter and stronger Mark II. Also nearly half the price.

It also looks to have the small Azusa hub for Bendix brake too.

Aside from those bearing hangers the frame is mostly generic for 1960.

I have seen this frame before somewhere. It is likely some small So-Cal hole in the wall that went under like most small companies did in 1961. But I will keep my eyes open.

Wow Terry, thank you for that info. You guys have a wealth of knowledge on these karts.