Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swap a 3/4" West Bend crank??
I have a customer that wants to put a torque converter on a minibike but he has a step crank and he has to have a 3/4" straight crank.  Anyone willing to get rid of a useless 3/4" crank for a good step crank??  Let me know by e-mail at work because I am off to Brodhead to cook for the gang.  

Jim D
i dont believe there is such a thing Jim. What model W B ?

3/4 cranks on mcCullochs is maybe what your thinking of.

Let me know if anything changes on hartman drum sprocket brazing on 3 NOS drums with no sprockets in place.
(07-13-2022, 04:19 PM)Jim Donovan Wrote: I have a customer that wants to put a torque converter on a minibike but he has a step crank and he has to have a 3/4" straight crank.  Anyone willing to get rid of a useless 3/4" crank for a good step crank??  Let me know by e-mail at work because I am off to Brodhead to cook for the gang.  

Jim D

Talk to Steve Welte

(07-13-2022, 04:19 PM)Jim Donovan Wrote: I have a customer that wants to put a torque converter on a minibike but he has a step crank and he has to have a 3/4" straight crank.  Anyone willing to get rid of a useless 3/4" crank for a good step crank??  Let me know by e-mail at work because I am off to Brodhead to cook for the gang.  

Jim D

steve welte??
(07-13-2022, 07:55 PM)Mark Loraine Wrote: i dont believe there is such a thing Jim.       What model W B ?

3/4 cranks on mcCullochs is maybe what your thinking of.

Let me know if anything changes on hartman drum sprocket brazing on 3 NOS drums with no sprockets in place.

It is a West Bend 820 and yes they made 3/4", step crank 5/8" down to 9/16, and they make the McCulloch taper.  Still waiting for the guy to get back to me and see if he will swap out his step crank for the 3/4" straight crank.  He wants to run a torque converter and he cannot do it with a step crank.  The ball is in his park now, he has to get back to me.

Old Jim