Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SMOKEY'S PRECIPITATION CURSE
FIRST, A TIP OF SMOKEY'S HAT TO TERRY'S HISTORIC KARTING DRAMA.  WE HOPE THAT THE THREE AMIGOS SOON WILL TROUNCE THE BENDER BULLIES AT THEIR NEXT MEETING.

THE LAST TWO SPRINT EVENTS IN FLORIDA DURING THE DRY SEASON HAVE BEEN COMPLETE WASHOUTS.  IN RESPONSE THE VKA OFFICIALS HAVE COME UP WITH A NEW PLAN FOR 22.

A RELIABLE SOURCE INDICATES THAT JACKSONVILLE WILL BE MOVED FROM THE MIDDLE OF THE DRY SEASON TO THE BEGINNING OF NORTH FLORIDA'S RAINY/TORNADO SEASON.  MARCH 3 TO 5 HAVE BEEN PICKED DESPITE THE REALITY THAT OUR NORTHERN FRIENDS WILL HAVE SUFFERED THROUGH THE WORST OF WINTER'S CABIN FEVER AND CAN SEE SPRING ON THE HORIZON.  FOR FLORIDIANS THE NICELY SPACED EVENTS ARE PILED ON TOP OF EACH OTHER AND SUGGEST THAT ONE EVENT WILL PROBABLY DO.  UNLESS THE BEST FEATURE OF JACKSONVILLE IS RESTORED TO THE RACES. JAX DOESN'T OFFER ANYTHING SPECIAL.  WITHOUT THE LONG STRAITAWAY AND MONZA IT'S JUST ONE OF MANY.

DESPITE AN OVERWHELMING VOTE BY PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY ATTENDED BARNESVILLE TO KEEP THE MARCH DATE, BARNESVILLE IS MOVING TO START ON MY 74TH BIRTHDAY ON APRIL 7.  IGNORING THE USUALLY TRUE STATEMENT THAT APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS.  THE POWERS THAT BE DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THAT IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT.  THEY ARE MOVING A LONG-STANDING TRADITION CLOSER TO SPRING.  NORTHERNERS MAY DECIDE TO SPEND THEIR MONEY UP NORTH INSTEAD OF MARCHING THROUGH GEORGIA.

SMOKEY
Smokey -- aren't you on Facebook with Greta Thunberg who knows that historic weather forecast don't count any more and it isn't going to rain on a VKA parade. Hot and dry is her forecast, how can she be wrong?? The snow this year will be so deep I can probably slide down to Georgia.
(11-24-2021, 08:22 AM)Jim Donovan Wrote: Smokey -- aren't you on Facebook with Greta Thunberg who knows that historic weather forecast don't count any more and it isn't going to rain on a VKA parade.  Hot and dry is her forecast, how can she be wrong??  The snow this year will be so deep I can probably slide down to Georgia.

I don't do facebook.  If you are going to publish fantasy you should accept all comers not just the folks that like your views.  

I went to sign up a long time ago.  They wouldn't take my Smokey hat instead of a picture of my face, so I blew it off.

I understand the farmer's almanac was typically closer on long term weather forecasts than the Feds.

Smokey