Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do not buy engines from widgcar (ebay seller name)
hi guys, 
had a great weekend at TBO The Big One , Fremont Ohio.
met a couple of new guys and thus the reason for this post. 

the seller Widgcar on ebay should NEVER be considered when buying a "rebuilt" mcculloch engine. 

the engine i was shown was so weird i asked permission to dis-assemble it a little.

in short 
IT WAS AS BAD AS IT GETS. 

the "clutch" was a cobbled up mess hand built by seller i assume. totally unusable. 
the carb set up was for a mc91 possible usable but certainly not rebuilt.
the engine was a four port saw block totally unsuited for anything but low power.
all for 625.00 plus shipping. 

i will be doing a complete article and discussion on this mess shortly .
but felt for now the word has to get out about not buying this mess from him.
 and yes he does this routinely he has another for sale RIGHT NOW.
what you should never buy :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255124134659?ha...Sw3phhI9nt

that's all i have time for right now.
dave l
Dave L.
Hey, Grumpy. I've been meaning to post on this for some time. I can't believe that a real kart guy would ever buy a 4.9 cube saw motor with a huge BDC type carb on a 91 manifold. I figured that he had bought a bunch of 80cc saws without all the ports drilled. A stock Mc49 would be a far better engine.
GUYS, DO NOT BE FOOLED BY A FRESH MOUNT AND PAINT JOB! Look at the text. It states that these are 80cc engines, and the big carb is way too much, even if all the ports WERE drilled. Stay the Devil away from these engines. Ted
every motor he sells has "" McCulloch 91 carb and manifold"""so I'm guessing many would stop there???

...and the motor David is refereeing to is a total piece of junk...

and he is from Ormond Beach Florida...don't who he is???..but beware

yet he has good feedback on ebay,,, are there that many uneducated buyers out there???/
Ted, 
i agree the motors are something a knowledgeable vintage karter wouldn't buy.
that's not who he targets.
the newbe seeing that motor could easily be fooled.

if you read his text he is honest in some parts and a full on LIAR in other parts.

The clutch especially is a real p.o.s. piece of work. 
it's based off a chainsaw clutch that has a gear plate welded onto it.
the gear has no spacer to hold it off the block so even if the clutch was usable a chain can't be mounted.
he adds a round piece of aluminum to it with screws and calls it a horstman clutch.

the motor is sealed with silicone on every surface and i suspect the seals are roached but covered with silicon to make the motor seem tight. 
we didn't break the motor down but i am hoping the newbe owner lets me borrow it so i can fully dis assemble it and critique everything.

my goal is to shut him down .
only on the fake motors the rest of his stuff seems legit which is probably why he has good feedback.

anyway it is a definite article but will have to wait as i am hopefully closing on a property i've been trying to buy this week.
thus i am busy busy busy.
d Cool
Dave L.
David; I rallied to get this P O S shut down years ago.

Keep in mind that in His mind, he’s doing a service and is fortified in his thinking based on his unbelievable 100% feedback over the years after selling dozens of these worthless so called engines.

I’ve ragged on this topic since years back and urged everyone selling to him for kart related parts to block him on eBay so he cant buy the parts he uses to pseudo replicate what appears to be a genuine kart engine to the unsuspecting potential buyer. I blocked him years ago, to my knowledge, no one else has blocked him that reads these forums and I think you may already know who’s supplying him with many of his parts.

I did a search on 2 other forums to see if I could find those posts but I’m afraid that hugely popular forum website went away….that’s how long ago it was.
I am guessing, but I’m thinking Duane down in the Carolina’s provided more information on the seller including name; he also chimed in about the horrors of the engines he was selling.

Let start with ALL CAPS……anyone using all caps in the postings on eBay is an immediate reason to hate someone already in my book.

Using L-78 or L-82 7/16” spark plug in a round head is retarded (Mcculloch) when a 3/8” reach plug threat is required.

Never seen the parts he claims to have installed to make it “rebuilt”, and you never see the bottom rear of the block where the saw model numbers are stamped.

Never seen the engines apart showing any detail or significant diversity that would reveal that lack of Kart-real machining.

The motor mounts he makes look like shite and are structurally deficient when you study the single vertical segment that leaves much to be desired.

The correct spelling is WIDGACAR
All items for sale:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/widgacar/m.html...7675.l2562

More to come as I recall the issues covered so long ago.

Thanks, Mark l/SWNY
blocked bidders list on ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/BuyerBlock?

use comma's between different I D's.

(09-07-2021, 11:21 AM)David Luciani Wrote: hi guys, 
had a great weekend at TBO The Big One , Fremont Ohio.
met a couple of new guys and thus the reason for this post. 

the seller Widgcar on ebay should NEVER be considered when buying a "rebuilt" mcculloch engine. 

the engine i was shown was so weird i asked permission to dis-assemble it a little.

in short 
IT WAS AS BAD AS IT GETS. 

the "clutch" was a cobbled up mess hand built by seller i assume. totally unusable. 
the carb set up was for a mc91 possible usable but certainly not rebuilt.
the engine was a four port saw block totally unsuited for anything but low power.
all for 625.00 plus shipping. 

i will be doing a complete article and discussion on this mess shortly .
but felt for now the word has to get out about not buying this mess from him.
 and yes he does this routinely he has another for sale RIGHT NOW.
what you should never buy :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255124134659?ha...Sw3phhI9nt

that's all i have time for right now.
dave l
I have him blocked as "widgacar" which is different from your spelling Dave.
Dave and Mark: The fact that these are all painted and shiny is enough to entrap the newbie or the unwise. I just hope everybody takes real care NOT to buy from a guy who isn't selling "the real deal". Ted
The only other thing I can think of momentarily is he is probably using facebook for the VKA as well as eBay to obtain kart parts; obviously we cant stop him from buying saws, but we can make his part search a real problem if enough people take the steps to just say no to his money.

Block Him Now

I finally found my notes on this character....it wasn't Duane in SC.....here is what I copied and pasted back when:
From Gordon Duax; Oh, that prick! CARL WIDGAY 69 FAIRVIEW AVE Ormond Beach FL32174 Phone: 386-235-4923
Damn...he is on FB and on the VKA site...or should I say he was up untill 2 minutes ago...

SCUM
(09-08-2021, 05:26 PM)Gary Wlodarsky Wrote: Damn...he is on FB and on the VKA site...or should I say he was up untill 2 minutes ago...

SCUM

Gary, is all the information correct? if not transfer any data that isnt listed here for all to see.
Not everyone is enthralled with faceberg, some of us outright will not join-even if it hurts not being on VKA site there.
google maps street view--https://www.google.com/maps/place/69+Fairview+Ave,+Ormond+Beach,+FL+32174/@29.2779693,-81.0548064,3a,75y,342.46h,91.26t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sZxQKXS3v6NPu3d-1uCsy1g!2e0!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3DZxQKXS3v6NPu3d-1uCsy1g%26cb_client%3Dsearch.gws-prod.gps%26w%3D86%26h%3D86%26yaw%3D329.0114%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x88e6db6ae879d73d:0x9ff8965e7ee4758b!8m2!3d29.2781311!4d-81.0548734?hl=en

Since June 20th 2021 he has sold 9 engines, see completed items here:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/widgacar/m.html...6732.m1684

I searched widgacar on this forum and came up with some posts from 2017.
https://www.vintagekartforum.com/search....order=desc

Thank You.

Mark