Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where did dave l go?
hi guys, 

no i am not gone just drifting right now.
the covid thing plus my recent loss has put me in statis lately but things have been happening.

the one year anniversary of my sweetie passing came.
her stone was unveiled.
it was very sad but i am getting used to her being gone a little bit more each day.

the probate on property is finally cleared up . 
i own everything that was due to me free and clear.
at one point that wasn't so true and i was concerned.
i am relieved it all is done.

i sold my rental property the timing was right.
because of that i started moving tools around and rearranging .
upshoot is i either need to build a garage or shift my home base to something bigger.
both are big projects we'll see.

on the kart front i've made tiny progress.
bought a few karts that i'm excited about but haven't made any building progress.

i wanted to go to several races this year but covid concerns prevented travel each time.
hopefully, this coming year will be different.
on the racing front i may be more competitive as i've dropped of excess wt. 
i'm nearly 25# lighter that might be good for the kart chassis and engine! Big Grin

on selling parts i've gotten some things organized and may actually get some online and available.
its going slow you'd probably think watching grass grow was faster. Angel

This whole covid year has been very weird for everyone i certainly hope next year bodes better.

So,  here's to hoping next year goes better.

dave Cool
Dave L.
Good to hear from you Dave, hope to see you at an event. Merry Christmas !
Dangit, Dave. I sure hope your Christmas was looking up a little. I sat here in the recliner all day except for working a while in the shop. Ted Furtch is having trouble with login, so I gave him your email address. Be looking for a communique from him. He's new, but a great fellow. Happy New Year. Yer Bud, Ted Big Grin
David,,,sent you a Christmas card via email......

and yes , we all hope 2021 is a better year....

GW
Hey, GW, You Old Buzzard! I hope your Christmas was a good one. I just holed up here and did not move. Ted
Dave your one of my first inspirations in vintage karting it would be great to see you at an event
Dave so sorry to hear about your loss, life changes and so do we.
Since many of us are not that young anymore, our vintage karting fun sometimes is put away for a time.

Got a message from Robert Morris, that he was interested in my orange Bug....so sold it and he then sold his Bug to
Dean Seavers .

Starting on my Alpha Mark 10 restoration, now that I've finished my new shop .

So happy 2021 and wishing everyone great racing once the powers that be , let us travel again !