Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wow summers ending and the racing season nearly over
We knew it was going to be a different season. We weren't going to travel far this year. I was injured early in the season when I got a table saw kick back on some .063 alum while making an alum West Bend head shroud. Off to the hospital I went. Missed the main artery by thousandths of an inch but did cut almost half way through the tendon. 4 week wrist brace. Got that off and went to Sugar river over and over for practice. I went one time to many. Went to leave a friends pit after practice and stepped backward into a side pod of a modern kart and fell over backwards and landed on my pelvic on top the engine on the other side. Fractured! I was at the Sugar River Boadhead event but only in person. Super pain just being there. 8 weeks later I was at Quincy and raced just the SASW class and it hurt to do so. Made it to Delmar and raced the C open rear. Fought engine gremlins all weekend and was not in racing shape. Still total numbness in the pelvic area but at least i don't have pain. Now it's off to Delmar in the morning for a practice session. We are done for the year except for fun at practice days

Messages In This Thread
RE: wow summers ending and the racing season nearly over - by steve welte - 09-25-2020, 08:46 PM