Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tooth # sprocket
Confused
Hi All Question i have a max torque clutch 10 tooth  that i plan to use on my  Blitz Kart  the only event that can attend
will Be the Cuddebackville NY. track what tooth # 60, 72 , 82, ???   should i buy the engine is
MC 90 and the wheels are the original 5 inch i do have an extra 9 tooth drum i could use but rather save
for another project , Hope everyone here is doing well and being careful now is a good time to finish our
Kart projects with the world on hold
Regards Richard.
Richard Stamile
Oceanside NY.
I'd use the 10 tooth clutch with an axle sprocket between 70 and 73 teeth.

70 tooth will be gentler on that Mc90.
73 tooth if you're on the larger side.
Thanks Doug i will go with the 70
Richard Stamile
Oceanside NY.
Richard, if you have extra bare wheels, you can "fine tune" your gear ratio by replacing the existing wheels with a set of tires of larger diameter to simulate a smaller rear gear, or smaller times to get the effect of a larger rear gear. We used to run at a tighter track on Saturday night, and a longer one on Sunday afternoon. I took a set of wheels with larger tires for the Sunday races, so I could keep from having to change sprockets. Nifty way to keep from having to cut a new chain at the track. Ted
i wish i had a extra set maybe in the future thank for the response Ted
Richard Stamile
Oceanside NY.
Rich I live right in Long Beach it would be great to get in touch after this pandemic is over, as for the gear the 70 should be great at that track, and if you need to fine tune I have 3 full sets from 62-70 that you can use at the track, what class do you plan on running? That will help determine what engine to buy, I also have a bunch of engine if your looking for one, let me know if you need any help, I’m really board right now
Sounds good 7 minutes away and yes when this pandemic is over soon i hope, i have a MC 90 stock condition as far as
class to be in what ever they put the first time runners are in maybe Sportsman when i learn a little all my Karting back in the
60s were buzzing around in parking lots, about being board i am using this time to get some of this kart together, good you-tube
videos on zinc plating the small parts using home items like vinegar Epsom salts making your own electrolyte solution sugar for a brightener
and it works really well, let hope we can see a day that we can enjoy our hobby again
Richard Stamile
Oceanside NY.