Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheel and axle
Cut the axle.....the axle, the sprocket hub, and most everything else is available from the vintage vendors.   Keep adding the
PB Blaster, Acetone/ATF mixture, Coke mixture to the pieces you save if you're anal about keeping original parts.......DON'T
be in a hurry to remove the axle stub....a press will be your best bet IF you're REALLY wanting to save the components. 
DON'T use  the old hot rodder's go to...HEAT.

Wheel halves are NOTHING to short change.   Even for a non track "show" kart.  There's a bunch of pieces and parts out there if
you want an original....and SEVERAL qualified/competent "old farts" who can repair an original.   I used JB Weld for cosmetic
stuff, NEVER in a stress situation.  And if you sell off or give away the pieces, PLEASE be sure to let the new owner of your efforts.

Here's an axiom to keep in mind.........Is XXX# of dollars too expensive for a helmet (or whatever)?   How much is your head
(whatever) worth?    Component parts are in the same family.   I'll refer to a brake system update I was reluctant to use
because it wasn't "vintage."    I'm 70......heal slow, don't endure pain well, and can't stand the sight of blood (especially if it's MINE!!)
AND, keep in mind, the guy next to you (maybe me) is ignorant of your efforts and questions......keep him as well as yourself SAFE!!  

ANYTHING I can do to protect my old as_ is a move well taken....as well as fellow vintage guys.    END OF RANT.

Chuck

Messages In This Thread
Wheel and axle - by Ed Burke - 02-29-2020, 02:19 PM
RE: Wheel and axle - by Gary Wlodarsky - 02-29-2020, 05:59 PM
RE: Wheel and axle - by Ed Burke - 02-29-2020, 09:42 PM
RE: Wheel and axle - by Ed Burke - 02-29-2020, 09:58 PM
RE: Wheel and axle - by Chuck Lipka - 02-29-2020, 09:02 PM
RE: Wheel and axle - by Terry Sullivan - 03-02-2020, 09:42 AM
RE: Wheel and axle - by Richard Stamile - 03-09-2020, 09:03 AM
RE: Wheel and axle - by Ed Burke - 03-09-2020, 10:45 AM
RE: Wheel and axle - by ted johnson - 03-09-2020, 11:47 AM