Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiseco ported/blueprinted/modified engines?
(02-11-2020, 08:46 AM)ted johnson Wrote: I ended up selling the chassis and getting the engines built and running them as singles in B Limited on a Bug Wasp, and later a Black Widow.

The local kart guru was a retired dirt car racer from the 50's. He claimed to be the first having fuel injection west of the Mississippi.

He was also the Bug dealer. Previously he sold Lancers from MSS and Hornet enduros from Richard Peck. I loved the way those late 70's Bugs looked. The tig welds were perfect. Right out of high school my first new kart was the newer kpi Wasp. My older brother bought a Black Widow. I upgraded two years later and bought a Super Sprint. Loved that kart. At that time 100 open was the hot ticket, later Expert III at 280 pounds. I could never make weight for the 135/150 open, then combined with Expert III at 350 pounds. 

Finally picked up an awesome K30 that Hub modified. It was amazing. That motor would lift the front end of kart off the ground. I actually set the local track record for a short time with it. Still have that motor sitting in a box. Built fresh and ready to go. Just had a hard time keeping a clutch alive on it. With axle clutches, it would just destroy chains. Good times tho.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wiseco ported/blueprinted/modified engines? - by Terry Bentley - 02-12-2020, 11:20 PM