Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
off kart topic , what state is best to live in and why.
If you are thinking about Florida in the winter (summers are brutally hot), you should investigate opportunities in Orlando.  I think it's the most likely to produce stage hand work to keep up your benefits.  I think that Universal and Disney do some production in addition to the theme parks.  Pay rates won't match up east money, but the cost of living is much more modest.

My brother was a stagehand in Nashville (now retired).  The work there went from a small group of skilled production hands to massive, low paying calls for trade shows.  The cost of living and population are exploding with all the bad things that go with that.

I would suggest that if you take a serious interest in some location, then get at least a month's mail subscription to the local paper or papers.  It can give you some flavor of what you are looking at if that becomes your choice.  Just don't rush into a quick move.  You've just been through one of the worst experiences that you (hopefully) will ever face.  You don't need to pile on a bad move on top of that.

Smokey

Messages In This Thread
RE: off kart topic , what state is best to live in and why. - by Blaine Young - 12-15-2019, 08:40 PM