Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking this year off
Sorry guys, but I just have too many irons in the fire to even think about running karts this year. My wife and I just bought a house in South Carolina, which is where I am now. In April we have to return to New Jersey, clean out our house at the shore (which we have been in for 20 years, so you can imagine the accumulation of junk), sell it, and downsize to something more manageable. The plan is to become snowbirds, 7-8 months in SC and summers in NJ. And then there's the 1980 Honda Goldwing (barn find) that's sitting in my garage in NJ. I have to get that running so I can bring it down to SC this fall. So I'm going to be a little busy this year.

But I hope to be back for the 2020 season if only because I picked a couple of Mac 91s that were modified by Jack Watkins (my brother-in-law), who got me into karting in the first place. I know these engines RUN by the way he blew me into the weeds the last time we ran the Woodstock (CT) Fair before they paved it. Alas, Jack passed away in his sleep 4 years ago, so I will consider it a tribute to his memory to get his equipment back out on the track at least one more time. If I can find the time I'll pop in to Oreville or Cuddy just to say "Hi" to everybody.

Have a great year and see you in 2020.

Bill Peck
We will miss you Bill, I have always enjoyed your company at events. Best of luck with all that lies ahead for you.
Keep in touch.
Bill, It was a pleasure to make your acquaintance this past year. Thanks for your advice and offers of assistance. While evaluating what can stay and what must go: If it makes you happy and enhances your trek through life, keep it. If it makes you sad and impedes your progress, ditch it. (Man, if only it were that easy, lol!) Again, Good luck!
You will be missed Bill!
Maybe things will move along better then expected and you can manage to sneak an event in?
Hope to see you soon,
-Al
(02-20-2019, 06:48 PM)Al Postiglione Wrote: You will be missed Bill!
Maybe things will move along better then expected and you can manage to sneak an event in?
Hope to see you soon,
-Al

Yeah Al. That's what I'm hoping, but not counting on it.
Until you get back, you'll be missed.  We always enjoy your company!