Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Promoters and participants:
With the recent loss of Butch Kavanagh and the start of this years events I would like to propose a tribute to those that have passed in our vintage family. I have seen this done at Quincy twice and was quite moved by it. It goes like this: everyone lines up along the main straight hats off to pay their respects. Family and friends that choose to drive their karts at a reduced speed for 2-3 laps in the opposite direction.
  I would be interested in what both promoters and the vintage family thinks about this.
LOVE IT.
 many of the guys running have a huge amount of history in karting .
at the same time they don't have too much time left. 
remembering them in such a nice way is something we should do at every venue.

d Cool
Dave L.
it's very moving to get a little talk about the people that are being remembered and usually playing the national anthem and then fire a couple karts and pay tribute. Need to get the promoter on board.. I'm sure Bob would do that at Barnsville. He's a pretty straight up religious guy. He just needs to be ask about it.
Well as one of those fossils who has just reached a "significant" birthday AND having beaten the insurance industry's actuarial tables, I'm compelled to comment......................JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The "nostalgia" drag race people (where I'm mostly connected) have conveniently decided it's all about the here and now......SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Were it NOT for these people.....and I won't attempt to name all the names.............EVERY Mac and WB would be G-O-N-E!!!!  THEY NEED TO BE RECOGNIZED AND ACKNOWLEDGED.    In the drag race world it's Ed Pink, Mickey Thompson, Tom McEwen, Joe Mondello, yada yada.

Kart people are (like me) in awe of Duffy Livingston, Art Ingells, (sp) the Piersons, etc, etc.

A VERY wise man told me as I was growing up..............the only thing you leave behind when the MAN upstairs calls is your name, and your reputation.   My police reputation is 99.9%.   The kart and drag people are at LEAST that same number.

C'mon promoters and track operators...............how long could it take/how much delay is there for 3-5 laps in rememberance of our foundations?

Chuck
(01-31-2019, 04:23 PM)Tom Day Wrote: With the recent loss of Butch Kavanagh and the start of this years events I would like to propose a tribute to those that have passed in our vintage family. I have seen this done at Quincy twice and was quite moved by it. It goes like this: everyone lines up along the main straight hats off to pay their respects. Family and friends that choose to drive their karts at a reduced speed for 2-3 laps in the opposite direction.
  I would be interested in what both promoters and the vintage family thinks about this.

excellent idea...

I am going to make Fremont Ohio, the Butch Kavanagh memorial ....

and will have Barnesville make special moment to him and all that have passed recently...

gw