Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help on Id of a new Kart
Photo 
Hello All,

I am looking for assistance in the ID of this Kart I picked up the other day.

Thank you,
Dave

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

post  more pix.
it helps us i.d. a kart if you post more than one picture.
side view left and right 
a pix on the ground front and one from back.
d Cool
Dave L.
Here are some updated photos.

Dave

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Can you make out the letters on the seat back?

Brad
(01-18-2019, 05:50 PM)Brad Rose Wrote: Can you make out the letters on the seat back?

Brad

thats what I was thinkin  Scorpion???

(01-19-2019, 11:12 AM)Gary Wlodarsky Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 05:50 PM)Brad Rose Wrote: Can you make out the letters on the seat back?

Brad

thats what I was thinkin  Scorpion???....60-61 Bug Scorpion???
Definitely not a Scorpion, though someone may have used the seatback from a Scorp. Scorpion has a wide steering hoop, and main rails are different. Pan doesn't hang as far below the frame tubes. Scorp's main rails curve down to meet the front axle tube. Here's Charlie C.'s. Wheelbase has been shortened, but main rails and steering hoop are factory. TJ

(01-19-2019, 12:32 PM)ted johnson Wrote: Definitely not a Scorpion, though someone may have used the seatback from a Scorp. Scorpion has a wide steering hoop, and main rails are different. Pan doesn't hang as far below the frame tubes. Scorp's main rails curve down to meet the front axle tube. Here's Charlie C.'s. Wheelbase has been shortened, but main rails and steering hoop are factory. This is the same Scorp as in my avatar pic from '61. TJ
(01-19-2019, 12:32 PM)ted johnson Wrote: Definitely not a Scorpion, though someone may have used the seatback from a Scorp. Scorpion has a wide steering hoop, and main rails are different. Pan doesn't hang as far below the frame tubes. Scorp's main rails curve down to meet the front axle tube. Here's Charlie C.'s. Wheelbase has been shortened, but main rails and steering hoop are factory. TJ

(01-19-2019, 12:32 PM)ted johnson Wrote: Definitely not a Scorpion, though someone may have used the seatback from a Scorp. Scorpion has a wide steering hoop, and main rails are different. Pan doesn't hang as far below the frame tubes. Scorp's main rails curve down to meet the front axle tube. Here's Charlie C.'s. Wheelbase has been shortened, but main rails and steering hoop are factory. This is the same Scorp as in my avatar pic from '61. TJ

yeah,,it looks a little Hornet,,a little Rupp 301????????  it was a total WAG on the Bug Scorpion...
(01-19-2019, 02:46 PM)Gary Wlodarsky Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 12:32 PM)ted johnson Wrote: Definitely not a Scorpion, though someone may have used the seatback from a Scorp. Scorpion has a wide steering hoop, and main rails are different. Pan doesn't hang as far below the frame tubes. Scorp's main rails curve down to meet the front axle tube. Here's Charlie C.'s. Wheelbase has been shortened, but main rails and steering hoop are factory. TJ

yeah,,it looks a little Hornet,,a little Rupp 301????????  it was a total WAG on the Bug Scorpion...
Isn't the steering shaft upper bearing like a Hornet? TJ
Strange!
The frame is similar to a hornet but it has an outward bow to it looking from the front down the sides. My hornet is straighter. Seat back is bowed unlike the hornet. And the lower steering shaft mount is different to than the hornets I have seen. The lettering on the seat back may not be what the kart is. Oh the front spindle hangers are not hornet either.

Fun trying to figure it out but who knows!

Brad
Looks like it says Swinger to me. Just another SWAG...