Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kart Value Question
Hi Guys,

I was wondering what the current market value would be on a pretty nice operating R1 and also a go-kart 800 project?

The R1 was repainted but still has all its original parts including wheels, brakes, floor mat, gas tank etc.

The 800 is partially disassembled, solid, chrome re-done but kart needs restoration.

Thanks so much,
MIke
no one has any thoughts on this?
Do you have any pictures of the kart, that helps in getting a response most of the time.
first as a policy we don't put pricing on karts. 
i am willing to say someone is asking to much if you are asking purchase advise but i rarely do that either.
the best advise i can give you on prices is watch ebay for current sell prices not asking prices.

or if you are just trying to "flip a good purchase my best advise would be double up what you paid and post it for sale. 
if it's too much you won't get any hits.
if it sells quickly maybe you sold a little low maybe not but you'll still double your money.
keep in mind anyone buying it needs to add any shipping costs to equation which may be a deal breaker.
so the total purchase/shipping price is what any buyer considers when buying.

below is general information for anyone buying or selling here.

value is subjective.
just being old and rare is not enough. 
the machine also has to be desirable.

both karts you have are desirable so they do have some value.
but condition is important.
post pictures and we will be happy to comment on completeness and condition. 

repaints on reselling are considered bad if the paint isn't perfect often repaints conceal problems. 
on any flip leaving the project as is often is the best route.
you may find parting the r1 is a good route as the separate parts are worth more than selling complete.
we'd rather you didn't do that so if you post here post as projects to complete.
 the forum rules are post a price with pictures and you must arrange shipping but buyer pays all costs. 

or sell as parts on ebay it's a free country.

hope this helps
d Cool
Dave L.