Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 15 VKA
In class 15 VKA guidelines westbend only (stock appearing) I need clarification on can I run wet clutch? And can I run alky?
(12-01-2018, 12:00 PM)Steve carroll Wrote: In class 15 VKA guidelines westbend only (stock appearing) I need clarification on can I run wet clutch? And can I run alky?
sure looks pretty clear to me....

Sidewinder (pre-1980) with 6.1 c.i. (100cc) max displacement, American fan cooled engine; single carburetor (Mikuni, Tillotson, or McCulloch), any size throttle bore; Factory V4 intake; modern tires allowed until 12/31/2018; box muffler; vintage-style dry clutch (Horstman Rev Grip or Max-Torque). Effective 2019: Vintage tires only. West Bend-Only Class- 

Stock appearing West Bend 820 with stock bore and stroke (fan cooled), box muffler, small, single West Bend factory manifold and V4 reed cage with a 1” max throttle bore, HL carb, modern style tires, pre-1980 sidewinder with 1” axle, OEM Max-Torque dry clutch with no add-ons. To be run in concert with Sportsman S/W, but scored separately. For drivers 15 years or older. Max kart width of 48 inches.

so NO ,,,, dry clutch only, alky ok
Sorry Gary, might be clear to you vintage guys that have been around sense day one but I got into vintage in the early 2000.
(12-01-2018, 12:53 PM)Steve carroll Wrote: Sorry Gary, might be clear to you vintage guys that have been around sense day one but I got into vintage in the early 2000.

""OEM Max-Torque dry clutch with no add-ons.""

so 18 years and you haven't figured it out yet...LOL...me neither...