Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac behaving badly
Hmmm. When's the last time you saw one of those little garter springs break? Is it possible that that particular seal never had a garter spring? I guess the spring might be inclined to break if the crank bearing were trashed, but you would've noticed that when you replaced the seal. Oh well, the best way to make the new seal lasts forever will be to carry the driver and a couple of spare seals with you wherever you go!
(09-27-2018, 03:25 PM)doug tenney Wrote: Hmmm.  When's the last time you saw one of those little garter springs break?  Is it possible that that particular seal never had a garter spring?  I guess the spring might be inclined to break if the crank bearing were trashed, but you would've noticed that when you replaced the seal.  Oh well, the best way to make the new seal lasts forever will be to carry the driver and a couple of spare seals with you wherever you go!

t had occurred to me that the seal never had a spring so I compared the numbers with a couple new seals that I have and found one that the numbers match. That one has a spring. Go figure!
they fail.
when they do i suspect rust damage dissolves them.
rare but it happens.
d Cool
Dave L.