Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sugar River Vintage event
a big thank you to the crew that put on the event.. When I rolled in at 6:00 Wed. evening they were pumping water hard. It rained 5" in 45 min. at 3:00pm. By Morning you could hardly tell it. Thursday was a firecracker with heat and humidity but Friday and Sat. were perfect. It is one of the best events you can attend. Great group of competitors, fantastic kart show, cheese wine and beer tasting and friendship everywhere. Be sure to attend next year.
(07-09-2018, 12:01 PM)steve welte Wrote: a big thank you to the crew that put on the event.. When I rolled in at 6:00 Wed. evening they were pumping water hard. It rained 5" in 45 min. at 3:00pm. By Morning you could hardly tell it. Thursday was a firecracker with heat and humidity but Friday and Sat. were perfect. It is one of the best events you can attend. Great group of competitors, fantastic kart show, cheese wine and beer tasting and friendship everywhere. Be sure to attend next year.

got to admit...one of the best run events in the whole line up...things went off like clockwork ,,,despite the heavy, heavy rains the days before.....

great friends, great competition,,,good turn out......

and ..just enough breeze to help control the mosquito population...I only used up two bottles of OFF,,this year....

the old C Open class was an epic battle between the S&S crew and the Nagel crew,,,those guys earned it,,,working them karts on Vintage tires,,they are a handful....

the only bad part,,having to travel thru Illinois to get there.....not a free road in the state,,tolls everywhere...well, sept for that lane behind the farmers house...

worth the trip...consider it in 2019

gw
PICTURES, dagnabbit! We want PICTURES!! Brodhead's a neat track. I've only turned a few laps. Felt lousy when I was there six or seven years ago. It rained then, too! Ted
(07-09-2018, 12:58 PM)ted johnson Wrote: PICTURES, dagnabbit! We want PICTURES!! Brodhead's a neat track. I've only turned a few laps. Felt lousy when I was there six or seven years ago. It rained then, too! Ted

this site will not support pictures,,all on Face Book now, and the VKA site shortly..

gw
gary,
since when doesn't this site support pix??
we just opened up the limits again i posted something like 14 high res pix on a single post yesterday.
so post away we love pix. Big Grin

d Cool
Dave L.
(07-09-2018, 04:38 PM)David Luciani Wrote: gary,
we just opened up the limits again i posted something like 14 high res pix on a single post yesterday.

d Cool

ok,,,I dont know how to put them on here from the phone,,PITA..face book is   Click ..done...you take em from FB ..put em on here...  gw
(07-09-2018, 05:24 PM)Gary Wlodarsky Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 04:38 PM)David Luciani Wrote: gary,

d Cool

ok,,,I dont know how to put them on here from the phone,,PITA..face book is   Click ..done...you take em from FB ..put em on here...  gw

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

ok good point. we'll figure out how to click and you're done or maybe do a tutorial if that's not possible. 
 we basically work with free ware as this forum is cash poor .
we may not be able to do more than a tutorial how to
btw thanx for the ones posted.
best way to promote events is to post pix imho
d Cool
Dave L.
(07-09-2018, 10:13 PM)David Luciani Wrote: ok good point. we'll figure out how to click and you're done or maybe do a tutorial if that's not possible. 
 we basically work with free ware as this forum is cash poor .
we may not be able to do more than a tutorial how to
btw thanx for the ones posted.
best way to promote events is to post pix imho
d Cool

Pictures are now up on the VKA site