Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GEM Mount 1532 for West Bend 610/820
I have a GEM 1532 (2) piece West Bend engine mount.  Can someone tell me why the mount holes on the vertical piece are offset?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-30-2018, 12:01 PM)Sterling Brundick Wrote:     I have a GEM 1532 (2) piece West Bend engine mount.  Can someone tell me why the mount holes on the vertical piece are offset?
Those holes are suppose to be slotted so you can adjust the chain tension.
Hi Louie.  I'm just now seeing your reply and I understand what you are saying.  Would you say that mine is defective in some way?  There is a nice one on Ebay and it too has bolt holes.  Not slots.  And the holes do not appear to be offset like mine.  I never used mine and plan on selling it but I don't want to be accused of selling defective merchandise.  Thanks Louie.   Sterling
the chain is tensioned by moving the base along the frame... this is a sidewinder mount
no slot needed
tk
GEARBOX
Sterling, will the side plate holes mount up to the base plate holes, if so it would mount the engine at an angle which is ok. I have two GEM mounts, both base plates have 1531-2 cast into them, the side plates have no numbers, West Bend and Mac. As Tom says you can adjust the chain by sliding on the kart rails.
I have three GEM catalogs, base plate mount shows as a 1530, all my catalogs show the side plate having slotted holes, but then who knows what they did back then.
That mount was pretty much used for the US820 class in the mid '80's
Ok.  Thank you both for the reply.