Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fuel spraying out of McChulloch flat back while running
hi all  i am running dual McCulloch flatback carbs on my Mc 10s they are Mc 20 carbs i start the first one  it runs fine i start the second one it starts  then  fuel sprays out of the carb  i recently  replaced  gaskets and diaphram in both carbs . idle needle set at 1-1/4 main at 1-1/2 any ideas  both engines have homelite pyramid reeds
your pop off is mis - set.
match set the pop off between the two carbs to be the same.

or your inlet needle is hanging or has a bad end or debris.
 doing a basic pop off check on carb while on engine will tell you this next time
hope this helps
d Cool
Dave L.
(07-01-2018, 09:38 PM)David Luciani Wrote: your pop off is mis - set.
match set the pop off between the two carbs to be the same.

or your inlet needle is hanging or has a bad end or debris.
 doing a basic pop off check on carb while on engine will tell you this next time
hope this helps
d Cool

thank you for your help david  great imformation
i checked  pop off on 1st carb  held at 10  second one  zero . i took the carb apart  and found there was no seat for  the  needle valve . i replaced the needle and seat from  doner carb and i have 10 lb holding  thanks for the help it was the first time  i did a pop off test  i never realized how important  it was

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-03-2018, 10:53 PM)steve cox Wrote: i checked  pop off on 1st carb  held at 10  second one  zero . i took the carb apart  and found there was no seat for  the  needle valve . i replaced the needle and seat from  doner carb and i have 10 lb holding  thanks for the help it was the first time  i did a pop off test  i never realized how important  it was

Steve, off the subject but really nice kart.  I have an 800 also, not as nice, and was wondering who made your seat it looks perfect.  And glad to hear your problem is fixed.

Thanks, Bob
(07-04-2018, 08:00 AM)Bob LeFevre Wrote:
(07-03-2018, 10:53 PM)steve cox Wrote: i checked  pop off on 1st carb  held at 10  second one  zero . i took the carb apart  and found there was no seat for  the  needle valve . i replaced the needle and seat from  doner carb and i have 10 lb holding  thanks for the help it was the first time  i did a pop off test  i never realized how important  it was

Steve, off the subject but really nice kart.  I have an 800 also, not as nice, and was wondering who made your seat it looks perfect.  And glad to hear your problem is fixed.

Thanks, Bob

Bob I got it on e bay. Fits really nice
Steve, nice rig. I sold Go Kart in '61 and '62 in West Melbourne, FL when I was 17-18 YO. Here's my '61 with twin Mc-20's. I was too poor to afford two of the same engine mounts. She still won a ton of B Super races in Central Florida in the '61 season. It's the same kart that's fourth back from the front in my avatar, just a few months later. Ted
(07-04-2018, 05:33 PM)ted johnson Wrote: Steve, nice rig. I sold Go Kart in '61 and '62 in West Melbourne, FL when I was 17-18 YO. Here's my '61 with twin Mc-20's. I was too poor to afford two of the same engine mounts. She still won a ton of B Super races in Central Florida in the '61 season. It's the same kart that's fourth back from the front in my avatar, just a few months later. Ted

that is an awesome photo ted i also have a 60 wasp

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The Wasp is beautiful. I sold Bug from '58 through '63. Pop had a '60 Wasp/Mc10 like yours. Ended up with a preproduction prototype stroker kit in it. I had a '61 Wasp/Mc20, and Pop's Mc10 stroker ate my Mc20 for lunch. I later switched to stroked '10's and won every A Super race in sight. I had a '60 Wasp frame and wheels here to restore, but I ended up with medical issues and gave it to my good friend, Joe Kanocz. I wish I had a pic of Pop's old Bug. It was our shop's first live axle kart.
P.S. I notice yours has the '61 "Batwing" pedals to replace the original rod and plate pedals. Ted
thank you ted the Mc -10 has a magnesium Mc 10 carb on it i got it from the vintage kart mall a few years back i rebuilt the carb and it runs great i will be running both karts with my son at medford Oregon and Tacoma washington this summer the bug is direct drive i fire it up with rear wheels lifted get it tuned then push it