Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preparing for the Avon July event
Hi All,
Sam and I are trying to get a read on the upcoming VKA event at Avon next month. There are a couple things we would like to get out there as well as a couple requests.

First of all the track improvements are complete so we will be using the entire track for the event. Corner one has been significantly improved which is especially important for the sidewinders and faster karts. The modern Sunday racers have shaved lap times and increased peak RPM’s as a result of the improvements. The cool new corner in the backside of the track presents some new challenges to the drivers so we would encourage you to come on Thursday if possible to get in as much practice on the new layout as possible. We will post pictures of the new track areas next week.

Secondly we need to get our track staff together to prepare for the event so it would be very much appreciated if you could let us know if you plan on attending and what class(s) you will be running in. This year one price includes as many classes as you want to run but to keep things running smooth if you could cap that at 2-3 classes per driver it would be appreciated.

Lastly we have a new caterer who plans on providing a great spread for the Friday night picnic and we would like to get an approximate count on people who plan on attending. If you could let us know if you plan on eating at the picnic we would really appreciate it.

Thank you all and we hope to hear from you, we surely appreciate it.
Respectfully,
Scott & Sam
Note: We are posting this on three forums so one response is adequate.

.pdf   Avon Vintage 2018_flyer-Final.pdf (Size: 689.04 KB / Downloads: 39)
..if im still breathing ill be there ...it will be my 8th or 9th time ..
historic class
sportsman rear
6.1 rear ..
Avon Kart Speedway starting Thursday.
July 26, 27, and 28th
It's not listed in the "Expected Classes" section of the flyer but we will be running the 6.1 Sportsman Rear class.

See the VKA Guidelines for specifications.
Hi Sam and Scott,
Will be coming this year with my 63 Fox Flyweight. Have most of what I need for the Mac 92s but still am looking for a box muffler. Not sure what will fit found some GEM’s online. Also need to know about where to grab some fuel. Thanks in advance for any advice including what class to race. Lots to learn looking forward to it.
Angus