Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac 1-80 crank seals?
(05-22-2018, 10:42 PM)Kurt Bogerman Wrote: Kurt thanks for the help, I appreciate your assistance.

Not sure if the 55A (1958 gear drive saw) used the same seals, but, for whatever it's worth, the 55A uses two 102940 seals.

Also, Applied.com, for example, allows you to specify dimensions and lip designs, etc., in order to cross reference seals.  Might be worth a try?

(05-23-2018, 07:56 AM)David Luciani Wrote: Dave, Didn't mean for anyone to go out of there way to help me out, just thought someone would know off the top of their head. I did go on to the Mcculloch engine section and seen an interchange chart, but didn't see anything about 1-80,1-70 or a mc 10.  seen stuff for mc9 and 91. Maybe I am just missing it. I have rebuild some mac chainsaws and working on some kart motors but I'm not knowledgeable enough on these engines to know what seals will work on the different engines. On this particular saw I am not looking to convert this to a kart, just get it running as it was meant to be. I appreciate everyone's help on this forum. Thanks, Dean.

the answer to your all your questions are already posted.
theres a seal interchange chart and everything in the motors section.
you guys REALLY NEED to read some of the past articles and posts on this forum that are about mcculloch motors.
that's why i go to the trouble of indexing and moving threads around so they can be found faster.
lucky for you i have a few minutes so here ya go one more time.

the 1-80 1-70 use the exact same block and crank as the mc10.
the s44a s55a s55 s44 are earlier versions of the 1-70 and 1-80 blocks with a lighter crankshaft counter wt.
THEY ALL use the same bearings and seals throughout the motor.
so mc10 seals/bearing fit those motors and vise versa.

i forget the exact number, later i'll look it up but there are modern seals that fit.
pretty sure they're part of the standard set of 3 seals all the mcculloch motors we use require.
in the mcculloch resources section it's listed somewhere and in the old forum it's listed about a zillion times.

a little factoid.
the mc 1-80 or 1-70 is exactly correct motor to build a mc10.
there is zero difference between them and a mc10 as they shared the same casting.
many 1-80's are former 1-70's with the 1-70 x'ed out.
 many mc10's are former 1-70's or 1-80 with the saw numbers crossed out by the factory.
the most common crossed out saws are the ones with 1-70 and 1-80 crossed out and restamped mc10.
mc s55a and s44a can also be made over into early mc10's but will have the lighter crank wts thus more vibration.

ALL these saws require a d44 center head, shroud, long wire coil, and outer cover to become identical in appearance to a mc10.
there are tiny differences in the shroud cover but very few people know what to look for and i'm not telling!

if you want a fast mc10 you'll need to swap out the piston to a thin ring kart version.

hope this helps.
d Cool

Messages In This Thread
Mac 1-80 crank seals? - by Dean Richards - 05-22-2018, 10:00 PM
RE: Mac 1-80 crank seals? - by Kurt Bogerman - 05-22-2018, 10:42 PM
RE: Mac 1-80 crank seals? - by Dean Richards - 05-23-2018, 08:58 PM
RE: Mac 1-80 crank seals? - by David Luciani - 05-23-2018, 07:56 AM