Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with fading brakes with drum bendix brake
I drove Mel's kart and the pedal felt like mush. I suspect the linings need replaced. The brake looks like the old Bendix and not a new one. I would also inspect to see the brake is releasing completely and not dragging. I would make sure you are not riding the brake. Easy to say, but I have caught myself doing it in unfamiliar karts. Sometimes in cramped karts it is hard to pull toes back when your knees are pointed straight up. Bent forward Rupp pedals or Fox pedals can help.

I run a Rupp Brand X and run a full Terri Ives drum brake drum set up. It came with the thick billet drum that looks like the azusa finned cover, reinforced backing plate and parts, and the clutch material relined brake shoes. I am not a heavy driver, and I don't like to over slow the kart. This set up has been great for 2 - 3 years. Probably as much $ as a modern MCP, but I wanted to retain the vintage drum look. You can purchase the bake parts individually also.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help with fading brakes with drum bendix brake - by Romero Llamas - 05-17-2018, 10:06 AM