Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rubber coated pedal restoration
does anyone have a tip on putting new rubber coating on pedals, I tried layering flex seal with ok results, maybe someone has a better way?
Hi John ..
Did ya happen see my post on Facebook.. where I recovered a mcculloch steering wheel that was on a kart that was in garage fire..
(05-09-2018, 01:05 PM)John Wolkiewicz Wrote: does anyone have a tip on putting new rubber coating on pedals, I tried layering flex seal with ok results, maybe someone has a better way?

There is stuff called Plasti-Dip, but it can be expensive. I'm not sure how similar it is to Flex-Seal, but that is one option. We once used heat shrinkable, heavy rubber wall tubing (like an electrician would use) just to see how it would turn out. It wasn't perfect, but it was better than expected and cheap enough to cut it off with a razor when it came time to.
Plasti-Dip in a can (not the aerosol) is good stuff. You have to build it up in layers, but it's pretty tough once you get a thick coating.
(05-09-2018, 03:53 PM)steve miller Wrote: Hi John ..
Did ya happen see my  post on Facebook.. where I recovered a mcculloch steering wheel that was on a kart that was in garage fire..
i did not do you have a link