Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cheetah mk3 help needed
Pruit Ginsberg and I had a full scale wood mockup, and we mounted a seat on it. Quite truthfully, we didn't know until we actually sat in it whether or not it was going to work. Thank goodness all that CAD design worked out. I wish I were savvy enough to make an articulated CAD model of a driver so I could sit him in the CAD kart assembly before making all those wood dowel full scale mockups! Ted

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

tom,
i may have a large in the concept style seat.
i'd sell a decent one for 80 bux but the shipping probably will be a deal breaker.
your biggest issue is getting it from ct to you. 
the shipping will be insane about 50.00 -80 bux unless someone knows a cheap option to ship seats.
d Cool
Dave L.
You got that right, Dave! We'd have had to pay as much for shipping as we did for the seats. Thank goodness Vince Hughes was going to Quincy that year, and brought 'em back here for us. Bless you, Vince! Ted
I have 2 Cheetahs that I race with modern seats. I picked the ones that look 70's era to at least look more vintage. One has the struts bent back right above the reinforcing brace.The other kart that has myK78 on it I bought just as a frame already had some mods on it so I cut the factory struts off to lay the seat back and used bolt on struts.
Thanks to everyone for the help on this.
Dave your right about the cost of shipping it has gotten outrageous! If I cant get some padding to fix the seat I have it would be cost effective to just add a newer style one and call it a day.