Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fox Mak Kart
Hi guys,
Dad recently picked up this Fox. Was wondering how can a guy tell year of manufacture?
Would appreciate any info one could share regarding early Mak karts.

Thx Dean

Hey, Dean. You need to get hold of Dick Teal. I'll email you his contact. Ted
(04-15-2018, 11:54 AM)ted johnson Wrote: Hey, Dean. You need to get hold of Dick Teal. I'll email you his contact. Ted

looks like a Simplex to me...
It's an early Fox Mak Kart. 1959 or 1960. TJ
(04-15-2018, 01:50 PM)ted johnson Wrote: It's an early Fox Mak Kart. 1959 or 1960. TJ

Thanks Ted for the help. Smile

I thought Dick Teal may see this post and elaborate????

I will give him a call.

D
I need a picture of the seat side area to determine if it's a 59 or 60. Remove the seat upholstery before taking the picture. My best guess is that it's a 1960 based on the shape of the seat area.

Sorry for the delay, it's been busy around here. We just got back from Florida and got an 8 inch snowfall.

Dick Teal
Dean, what'd I tell ya? Dick's THE Fox man! TJ
(04-18-2018, 08:10 AM)ted johnson Wrote: Dean, what'd I tell ya? Dick's THE Fox man! TJ

Yes sir.

Here are the pictures Dick asked for. I was told 59 had the steel plates with lightening holes?

I recall Jack Murray owned it at one time and claimed it as an unrestored kart. Something about it being a factory special because of the blue color and PP58's? 

Since then it had 2 more owners before us and an average restoration that has some issues. Wanted to get my facts correct before re-restoring.

Thanks Dean

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Can't wait to see it going down the straight at Tucson with Joe in the seat! TJ
The kart was found in a garage attic in Janesville, WI, the home of Fox. The guy who purchased it had it repainted and Bonbright rebuilt the engines. 

It's a 1959 with the fixes that were required to keep the frame from breaking just behind the pizza pie shaped seat sides. They were designed to run on oval tracks but will drive OK if you set the toe-in to 1/16 inch and get the tire pressure right.

Have fun,

Dick Teal