Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thompson Speedway - Chris S Memorial Run
Hi All,
Speaking to you from the Thompson Speedway motorsports park.

Man all I can say is this is a first class facility, never seen better in my karting career. The staff and facilities people are going out of their way to make this a good karting experience.

We are using the large skid pad section as well as part of the main track to put together a great course to run. We will set up some more challenging turns in the skid pad area tomorrow. The turnout today could have been a lot better so load up your stuff and get down here tomorrow if at all possible. There were two enduro karts here so if you are bringing an enduro they found that they had to change up the gears from 5:1 to the mid 6:1 ratios to make the most of their piped engines. I am running 6.8:1 with my 101 Chaparral and could actually drop a couple teeth on my big sprocket so I have to blip it a couple times out on the main track but it seems to work OK so I am just gonna leave it for tomorrow.

So come and honor Chris and have a great time doing it, hoping to have a big turn out tomorrow so come on down!!

Hope to see you there,
Scott Kneisel
i'll be there.
no karts truck is broke good this time.
but the burgers will be there with me so not a total loss.
as scott said this is a great track, one we normally can only look at as it's something like a 15,000 dollar per day rental.

so be there or be square!!
Big Grin

d Cool
Dave L.
I attended the event on Friday and had a great time. My thanks to Ted for organizing the event and to Dave for cooking up a hearty lunch!

Also thanks to Scott for fixing the carb on my Mac 91 which I was having trouble with.

Looking forward to attending more events there in the future.

Michael
A great time at Thompson. We were blessed with a break in the weather as well. A big thank you to Ted and David for their efforts in organizing. A personal thanks to Rick Keller for his assistance and advice as well as Bill Mack for his last minute help. Nice to meet new participants as well. Hopefully this will be a launching point for more future events.  Smile
I just wanted to add my thanks to Ted and Dave. It felt really good to get back in the seat after a long winter off.
the playday went well.
we had fun.
we ate burgers and lied about how great we'd been back in the day.
an awesome time.
thanx ted for getting us access and doing a great job.
d Cool
Dave L.