Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go Kart 800 rear axle setup
I ordered one of the Comet sprocket hubs. To go on the Azusa flexpruf axle that's on it's way.
You'll like that hub, Rick. No "fiddling" with things to gain alignment. Don't settle for less than a really good chain. RLV or EK both make good chain, and ONLY use "space chain". It does not kink with use. Get a good chain break tool, and NEVER use a master link. Always push the chain back together with the chain breaker tool. Practice a couple times on a scrap piece of chain to get the feel of the breaker tool. Buy some good quality chain lube, and USE it! REMEMBER that Jim Waltz, Russ Smith, Jack Canady and others, myself included, have experience with the Go Kart lineup, and will always help when you ask. If you look at my "avatar", the third kart back in the lineup is my old Go Kart 800. The pic was taken in Mom's yard in '61. You will get a good ride out of the kart, and will soon probably want "MORE POWER!!". The 800 will nicely handle any American reed 100 or 125cc engine, or even duals. Paul Bennett is another of the guys who runs a GK 1200, and he really likes his. His kart is beautiful. Right now, Pruit Ginsberg is adapting a GK 800 for an FA 250cc German Konig outboard, like Duffy Livingstone ran back in '60 with great success. Ted