Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A diamond in the rough.
I was in the car when I spotted tall lights and checkered patterns. We drove over and saw this cool vintage go kart track. In the middle was the remains of a burnt down building. I found some tires that looked 60’s-70’s. Let me know if anyone has any knowledge of this cool old track.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This is in Brazil?
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
Ha! Sorry, I forgot to specify. Lake of the Ozarks, Mo.
That is so cool Vico, must have been quite a track.
There must be someone who knows what track this was.
What a shame, the tires look like 60's or maybe very early 70's., did you catch a brand name?  I couldn't make it out from the pic.
Big Al or Jack C. can prolly tell us where and what.
Inasmuch as Lake of the Ozarks is a well known and heavily advertised tourist and recreation area in the middle of
Missouri, I'd be inclined to think is was probably a concession track. Lake of the Ozarks and Branson both had a ton
of tracks "back in the day." Most I remember were very short ovals, but there were a couple of mild "road race"
tracks. As I remember, everything was rear engined, 4 cycle fun karts.

Chuck
(03-06-2018, 07:16 PM)Scott Kneisel Wrote: That is so cool Vico, must have been quite a track.
There must be someone who knows what track this was.
What a shame, the tires look like 60's or maybe very early 70's., did you catch a brand name?  I couldn't make it out from the pic.

From what I remember, they said some name like Andy or Chuck, and then the words “Track Huggers”. Never heard of those. They looked like vintage race tires, not really fun kart tires. I could be wrong though. I tried to find any old pics of the track but there were none, and the website that was on the for sale sign didn’t have the listing.

Edit: after looking at the pictures closer, I could make out what looked like Call or Carl’s, and saw lettering saying made in Taiwan, and the dimensions are 13x4.00-6 and are also say four ply tires.
UPDATE:

I found a satelitte picture of the track. This was taken in the past couple years. Couldn’t find any old satellite photos from the 70’s etc?

The track has recently been overtaken by boats on trailers and a building has been put on the track next to the two 180 degree turns.

Maybe someone still may know what this used to be?

Vico

P.S: Sorry for bringing up an old post, but I thought I’d give an update for people with the thought still in the back of their mind.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)