Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trailer Find-Unknown Kart
That's a good looking mount. I don't have a cross member behind the seat to weld a tab to for the heim joints. I don't really want to modify this guy if I don't have to. I did some looking and found some reproduction swing mounts for around 60 bucks that I am assuming I can bolt to the existing bearing hangers.

Are the guys over there at WaterJet Cutting reasonably priced?

I think if I use one of these reproduction swing mounts, or something similar, I can bolt one hanger to the inside of the frame straight to the frame bearing hanger with some spacers in between. As long as the mounting plate has slots for the mounting bolts, I can adjust tension that way. Another option would be to fabricate one that goes over the rail and bolts to the factory hanger on the outside. Ill take some measurements when it arrives. The frame is about 4 hours away from me and I have a buddy that lives up there picking it up for me today. I should be able to get it from him in a week or so.

As far as the brake caliper bracket I have some ideas for that as well. Do you have two bearings there or just the one on the outside of the bracket?

Your thoughts...?

PM Inbound.

Messages In This Thread
Trailer Find-Unknown Kart - by tmcelrath - 02-28-2018, 11:28 AM
RE: Trailer Find-Unknown Kart - by ted johnson - 02-28-2018, 11:37 AM
RE: Trailer Find-Unknown Kart - by tmcelrath - 02-28-2018, 11:41 AM
RE: Trailer Find-Unknown Kart - by ted johnson - 02-28-2018, 01:37 PM
RE: Trailer Find-Unknown Kart - by tmcelrath - 02-28-2018, 01:57 PM
RE: Trailer Find-Unknown Kart - by ted johnson - 02-28-2018, 02:21 PM
RE: Trailer Find-Unknown Kart - by tmcelrath - 02-28-2018, 03:26 PM
RE: Trailer Find-Unknown Kart - by David Luciani - 03-04-2018, 10:40 AM