Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trailer Find-Unknown Kart
My swing mount is made up of 5 pieces of steel sheet. They're water jet cut, and have tabs which fit into slots. It's temporarily held together with threaded rod and nuts for welding, and is self-aligning. Some filing on the slots and tabs is necessary for a press fit using a vise. Once welded, you remove the threaded rod and nuts. It has a front snout that has a hole for a link to a tab welded to the frame crossmember. A standard side mount plate bolts to your engine, and has slots that engage the two studs on the swing mount. This provides for chain adjustment. The link to the kart is made up of a male and female Heim joint screwed together. I've been using this basic design since 2008, and it works very well. You can design your own mount, look for a Bug mount among the forum members, adapt a Fox or Azusa swing mount, or I can email you the DXF files for the parts to make one like mine. If you want to go that way, the water jet shop I use probably still has the four DXF files needed to make the five parts for the mount. You'd make arrangements with Waterjet Cutting, Inc. to have them cut, you pay them directly and they send you the cut pieces. If you want to do that, PM me and I'll send you my email address and phone number. I got the caliper bracket from Bug, but I doubt you can get one now. If I knew the angle required for the caliper so the nuts clear the frame rail, I could whip you one up on CAD and you could get it water jet or laser cut. Mine was machined for clearance, as you can see from the photo. If you can measure the vertical distance from the center of the axle up to the TOP of the frame rail, I can make you one. Ted

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Trailer Find-Unknown Kart - by tmcelrath - 02-28-2018, 11:28 AM
RE: Trailer Find-Unknown Kart - by ted johnson - 02-28-2018, 11:37 AM
RE: Trailer Find-Unknown Kart - by tmcelrath - 02-28-2018, 11:41 AM
RE: Trailer Find-Unknown Kart - by ted johnson - 02-28-2018, 01:37 PM
RE: Trailer Find-Unknown Kart - by tmcelrath - 02-28-2018, 01:57 PM
RE: Trailer Find-Unknown Kart - by ted johnson - 02-28-2018, 02:21 PM
RE: Trailer Find-Unknown Kart - by tmcelrath - 02-28-2018, 03:26 PM
RE: Trailer Find-Unknown Kart - by David Luciani - 03-04-2018, 10:40 AM