Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trailer Find-Unknown Kart
Tim, I built the Sprint back in '06, when I still lived in NM. I live in Arizona now, half way between Tucson and Phoenix. The black pieces are Cleco fasteners. They hold items together temporarily while the rest of the rivet holes are being drilled. Wonderful tools. Get them at any aircraft supply shop such as Aircraft Spruce. You must also have the pliers with which to apply and remove the Clecos. They're not expensive, and are very handy. The factory engine mount on the Sprint was a swing mount, riding on the axle with two ball bearings, and clamped to the frame rail with a rubber grommet and U-bolt setup. My Sprint had a Margay Gearbox. The frame had an aluminum clamp attached to the frame rail to snub the front of the gearbox. I later built a swing mount myself for the kart. I always do my own mounts on CAD, have the parts water jet cut and then get them welded up. Here's a pic of my Sprint as it was in '07 when we took it to Fremont. Bill Parun owns the rolling chassis now. It still looks very nice.
I hope someone will help out with the value. I'm lousy at setting prices for kart items! Ted

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Trailer Find-Unknown Kart - by tmcelrath - 02-28-2018, 11:28 AM
RE: Trailer Find-Unknown Kart - by ted johnson - 02-28-2018, 11:37 AM
RE: Trailer Find-Unknown Kart - by tmcelrath - 02-28-2018, 11:41 AM
RE: Trailer Find-Unknown Kart - by ted johnson - 02-28-2018, 01:37 PM
RE: Trailer Find-Unknown Kart - by tmcelrath - 02-28-2018, 01:57 PM
RE: Trailer Find-Unknown Kart - by ted johnson - 02-28-2018, 02:21 PM
RE: Trailer Find-Unknown Kart - by tmcelrath - 02-28-2018, 03:26 PM
RE: Trailer Find-Unknown Kart - by David Luciani - 03-04-2018, 10:40 AM