Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric Kart school project. (Need advice) these kids were sent here by me dave l.
Salutations,

We, the Applied Science and Engineering Club of Hamden Hall Country Day School, are attempting to construct a performance electric kart and would appreciate your advice to assist us in accomplishing this goal. The motor we expect to use is the TDPRO 1000w 48v 3000rpm. We are thinking of using a car battery and incorporating 4 solar panels as a supplementary power source, but we are flexible on that idea. Mr. Luciani plans to supply us with a frame, but we have yet to decide on a specific model. We have very little kart experience and are looking to make a bare-bones basic build. If anyone could point us towards any resources or part shops that would help us with our project, it would be greatly appreciated. We are open to all types of advice.

Thank you,

ASEC
wow,
i'm being called mr who authorized that??

these are high school kids trying to build something will few resources including advisers. 
i met them when they came by to look at frames and they are not very mechanical.
so i told them to try to ask questions here and post pix of their project.
figured it would be a neat outside sort of project and maybe help kids learn about mechanicals.

currently they haven't built anything so the design is open.
i think they'll need to puzzle out stuff like power sources and such .
they need advise about EVERYTHING  and have no shop teacher as i understand it.

if anyone feels like telling them to bug off please DON'T.
i sent them here and told them where to post to start.
thanx
Cool
Dave L.
You might want to take a look at this.....
It contains some basic stuff but looks like a good place to start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_zB5_nKqIc
1000 watts is barely over 1 HP. It'll move, but not very fast.
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA