Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
820 starter cup
Do I need to install the stock washer under the nut when I install the starter cup on the flywheel of an 820? It looks like I don't have enough threads.

Brad
I just looked at 5 motors all had a washer ..some the threads are flush others someone used a jam nut way thinner lots threads ..??
Thanks Steve!
I didn't realize it but there was a flat washer and a split lock washer under the nut. I installed both back on there with the cup and the nut will be close to flush with the tip of the crank.
Torque spec is 420 inch pounds from a recent post on the 820. If someone knows different let me know.

Thanks!
Brad
West Bend service manual says 420 In./Lbs. or 35 Ft./Lbs. TJ
you don't need the lockwasher
Thanks guys!
Just what I needed to know.

Brad
BTW, I have been using the Horstman DXL spec as that is what I have my torque wrench set at that resides in my tool box.

Blue LocTite and 300 in-lbs (25 ft-lbs) has kept my flywheels and clutches on my 820's just fine.
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
Yep, I've been using 330 IN/LBs 27.5 FT/LBs for many years with zero problems. TJ
Are you guys using a key with your clutches or going without? Seems I remember some guys don't use it.
lap the clutch on the crank. clean everything and if you use 30 ft lbs it won't slip. Has to be a taper crank for that process.