Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paint color for Bug Kart
I have a 1963 Bug Wasp that is a metallic blue color. I am leaving it as a survivor but I need to touch up a few spots where I needed to tack the seat pan back onto the frame tubes. Can anyone suggest a paint color that would be close to the original color?

Thanks,

Michael
Michael,

Ted Johnson posted the color you might be searching for a short while ago in a thread titled, "Best Christmas Ever". The color code mentioned was:

1956 Dodge Royal Blue Metallic, Dupont code 508-FL-3400, also 55327 & 5558

Using the search function at the top of this page, type in the thread title outlined above to reference it in it's entirety. Ted knows his Bug karts! Hopefully this helps it's the color you're after.
If you go to an auto paint supplier they will take a picture of the kart with a special tool and the computer will give them a formula with a indication to how close thier match is , some are good and some not so much. Its free for them to do .
just an idea ...if it aint real bad burnt id leave it ...specially if its only way down low ..and karts not going to be redone .
.cuz I think ..??? .. no matter what you do other than light wet sand prime and lightly dust in some color then try matte clear it ..you might blend it in but ...!!!!
Any kudos for the Wasp paint code must go to Dewey Bagley, courtesy of Russ Smith. Dewey did all the leg work! Ted
Thanks for all the replys guys. I thought I had seen a post about the color, but when I searched I couldn't find it. I must not have use the correct combination of keywords.

I am not going to paint much, just brush on where I welded so it doesn't rust. Only a small part shows in front of the seat.

Thanks again,

Michael