Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mcculloch rod bolt post
Stay tuned and informed. Good news is pending and we may hear more as soon as next week.

https://www.kprecisionllc.com/store/p99/..._Of_2.html

take a look at a new offering being available.
i guess the 200 or so i have of these are worth how much?????

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Chuck, if these are the spline head Mac 101 screws, they're still in good demand for Macs. For the West Bends, they'd be short. The rod cap on the 610/820 is taller than that of the 101, so you lose thread engagement. Bonbright told me not to use the 101 screw on my 610's The new screw from K Precision Motorsports is also somewhat stronger than the 101 screws, at 280 KSI tensile strength and 236 KSI yield. These are the reasons we Bender guys have been scrambling. If you decide to use the K Precision screw on Macs, you need to shorten them. Also, since the new screws have a regular hex head, make certain that the appropriate size socket will clear the rod cap body on your Mac rod. It clears fine on the West Bend cap, but I haven't got a Mac rod cap left to check.. Ted
(04-07-2018, 08:10 PM)ted johnson Wrote: Chuck, if these are the spline head Mac 101 screws, they're still in good demand for Macs. For the West Bends, they'd be short. The rod cap on the 610/820 is taller than that of the 101, so you lose thread engagement. Bonbright told me not to use the 101 screw on my 610's The new screw from K Precision Motorsports is also somewhat stronger than the 101 screws, at 280 KSI tensile strength and 236 KSI yield. These are the reasons we Bender guys have been scrambling. If you decide to use the K Precision screw on Macs, you need to shorten them. Also, since the new screws have a regular hex head, make certain that the appropriate size socket will clear the rod cap body on your Mac rod. It clears fine on the West Bend cap, but I haven't got a Mac rod cap left to check.. Ted

I think you may have missed his point... Rolleyes
(04-07-2018, 08:10 PM)ted johnson Wrote: Chuck, if these are the spline head Mac 101 screws, they're still in good demand for Macs. For the West Bends, they'd be short. The rod cap on the 610/820 is taller than that of the 101, so you lose thread engagement. Bonbright told me not to use the 101 screw on my 610's The new screw from K Precision Motorsports is also somewhat stronger than the 101 screws, at 280 KSI tensile strength and 236 KSI yield. These are the reasons we Bender guys have been scrambling. If you decide to use the K Precision screw on Macs, you need to shorten them. Also, since the new screws have a regular hex head, make certain that the appropriate size socket will clear the rod cap body on your Mac rod. It clears fine on the West Bend cap, but I haven't got a Mac rod cap left to check.. Ted

Ted, Maybe you switch to Macs? Big Grin
Chuck has plenty of rod bolts.
Hey, Dean! Heck, you already outdrive me! I gotta at least be able to run with you down the straights... Rolleyes  Ted
You can buy the West Bend 280 KSI hex head super screws from Jeff at K Precision Motorsports LLC on eBay, at item No. 253545546901 right now. Cut them to length for the Macs with a Dremel cutoff wheel. Don't overheat them when cutting. Ted