Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with kart identification and value
This kart is for sale for $275. It says it is a 1960s Margay Rocket Thrust kart. Does anyone have any information about this model. It is worth the asking price?
Thanks,
Michael

[Image: 01212_44zVAV89otM_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00s0s_6N8CIA1GDG4_600x450.jpg]
Hi Michael,

The front half of the kart pictured resembles a Margay Cheetah or even a New Breed. The seat is the same as the one that would have come on Cheetah karts. The rear of the kart almost looks like a completely different brand that was welded to the front half right around the rear seat upright supports. The attached gussets are similar to those on Cheetah models but appear to be reversed. In the photo where the kart is painted red, it seems there is a significant weld repair right in the area where the frame bends upward behind the seat area on the right side.

If you haven’t had the chance yet, visit Margay.com and search the advertising brochures for their various early karts under the “Vintage” tab. Not that it means anything, but I have never heard of a Margay race kart model named “Rocket Thrust” kart. It may have been a variety of yard kart they made but again, the model name you mentioned doesn’t sound familiar at all. That’s just my green penny’s worth?
thats a nice scat kat margay play kart.
decent rear engine kart.
originally came with four stroke front steer and margay star rims.
if it has the front spindles its worth about 200 max without rims .
Dave L.
Guys, Thanks for your replys. I'm going to see what parts are included with the kart.