Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nicholson Speedway, May 4th & 5th
Al p., 
judging from the pix , for a first year event it looks like very well attended.
 WELL DONE.  Smile

did you have a kart show?
GOT MORE PIX?
ARE event demo results available??
Brian and i have talked and we decided (brian decided!) that as long as pix and other stuff is posted event results are also welcome to be posted on the forum.
and yes that is a definite flip flop for dave l.!!!!

it's true the sportsman class on east coast has always been pretty spotty.
typically the sportsman guys who are new fit in well into the historic class which is a strong class in the Upper East Coast .
i'm sure you guys found somewhere for everyone to run their karts.

Being assured of a place to run at an Event is something i'd like to point out to newbes and people who haven't gone to a vintage karting event.

Everyone that shows up with a   legal  vintage kart is  found a place to run no matter what else happens.
that is typical of any vintage kart event that's been run in the United States. 

that doesn't mean bringing a unsafe sort of used to be a kart piece of  junk is o.k. 
a well built , vintage legal kart that is properly safety wired will always be allowed.
 if you pay attention and comply with the rules posted by the promoter for the event you will get track time.

As a couple of the new guys just found out the Vintage Karting events aren't only about the formal class grids on "race day".
there's tons of practice time too and most of the drivers aren't too concerned about winning at any/all costs.
those that are we tend to discourage , vintage karting events are about fun not cut throat competition.
 it's about going somewhere to hang with people who love their karts as much as you do , running your karts on a decent track and maybe getting a trophy for building a really pretty kart!

really , imho the main reason to attend is it's alot of fun
D Cool
Dave L.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nicholson Speedway, May 4th & 5th - by David Luciani - 05-07-2018, 08:04 AM