Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My most treasured kart part
So, my best little kitty friend Junior was discovered about 10 days ago with a big bad tumor in his gut, and with his intestines perforated, and sepsis well underway.  He was in a hopeless situation, and heroic medical treatment would have been pointless, and just put him through s bunch of pain and suffering.  We let him go peacefully instead.   This guy was very special to me as he came to us at Thanksgiving of 2004, shortly after I gave up on building an engineering firm after 20+ years of 7 day weeks.  I had jut laid off all my employees and closed the office after realizing the effects of 9/11 and the healthcare industry consolidating individual hospitals into healthcare associations, basically making all my hospital engineer clients no longer decision makers.  It was a very low time for me, and I needed a buddy.  Junior was it for the last 13 years, so it was very, very painful to  let him go.

Our remaining cat, the 7-toed James P. Sullivan - who thinks he's a human as he was raised by humans from like 3 weeks of age - needed a companion, and a friend of my daughter who had worked with her as fellow vet techs, was fostering some cats, including Stanley, who is a long-hair ginger who could pass for Sully's litter mate.  So now we have the "Stanley and Sully Show" playing at our new house in West Sacramento.

One door closes, another opens........

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA

Messages In This Thread
My most treasured kart part - by Tom Day - 11-23-2017, 07:49 PM
RE: My most treasured kart part - by Mark Loraine - 11-24-2017, 06:58 AM
RE: My most treasured kart part - by Jim Waltz - 11-24-2017, 04:57 PM
RE: My most treasured kart part - by Mark Loraine - 01-01-2018, 07:04 PM