Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who lives in kansas nice deal on three mc saws two are s44a's good for mc10 clones!
the guy says local pick-up so i'm out being in ct.
typically one s44a will go for around 80 bux final price on ebay.
he wants 80 for two plus a d30 which i may have the tapered shaft in it suitable to rework into a mc5.
regardless nice pile of mc stuff for 80.00
heres the link for anybody interested
ebay chain saws kansas
[/url]
[url=https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-vintage-McCulloch-chainsaws-incomplete-Super-44A-D-30-and/292326621187?hash=item4410064003:g:cRoAAOSwPc9ZzCgZ]Cool
Dave L.
I wish I had a purpose to have these. Maybe someone else will take them.

(11-11-2017, 02:47 PM)Ludovico Prelogar Wrote: I wish I had a purpose to have these. Maybe someone else will take them.

Now that I think about it, I do have an empty shelf on my desk, may be some good eye candy!!
DUDE,
IF YOU'RE CLOSE GET THEM.
I'LL HELP YOU MAKE THEM INTO A BIT MORE THAN EYE CANDY!!!!
Cool
Dave L.
Only an hour drive to get them, we do six hours round trip each time we go to our lake house, so not bad comparatively.

What were you thinking in mind for making them a bit more that eye candy..?
(11-13-2017, 09:25 AM)Ludovico Prelogar Wrote: Only an hour drive to get them, we do six hours round trip each time we go to our lake house, so not bad comparatively.

What were you thinking in mind for making them a bit more that eye candy..?

opps forgot to mention.
the s44a and s55a block and crank were the first  cores used to make mc10's in early years.
later mc10's used the 1-70 and 1-80 block and crank for a core.

if you want to make a correctly built mc10 saw/kart motor with the correct 1.5 stroke you need any of those four saws for the base unit.
if you aren't going for completely accurate you can just rebuild them as is add some sort of block shroud and you have a mc10 speced saw/kart motor.

if you want to build an accurate appearing mc10 clone you'll also need the correct outer cover block shroud and head. those are found on d-44 chain saws.

internally the d-44 has a tiny conn rod ,1.375 stroke and small bore in the block core making it unsuitable as a mc10 core but a nice beginner saw/kart motor if you are so inclined.

the bummer is when dishonest people build up a d44 into what they claim is a mc10 clone without swapping in the correct specification block,crank con rod.
i've seen many of these being pawned off as a "MC10 CLONE"
that's very annoying.

Cool
Dave L.
Dave, you mean on eBay right? You are absolutely right there!
not here or other kart forums we tend to peruse!

Young Man,
You should find out the model number not listed in that eBay posting by contacting the seller
and not mention your age.
Was not going to mention my age, never do when it comes to strangers on eBay. I don’t think the guy knows the model number on the unknown engine, wondering if you can see the number stampings on the bottom of the unmarked saw? If so, would it say S44, S44A, S55, S55A?

Thanks,

Vico
i know those saws fairly well.
the one missing marking on air cleaner cover is most likely a s44a or s55a.

it has the mc10 style flywheel if you look closely.
there is a small possibility it's an s55 or s44

considering one s44a typically sells on ebay for 80 bux you won't go that wrong even if two are junk.

Also the standard saw is a good candidate for a mc5 clone i'd bet.
and regardless a spare flywheel and coild if nothing else is usable.

if you don't want them but are i'll buy them if you'd pick them up.
i'd pay the shipping to me plus 50 bux for your time and gas.
and i'll owe you a favor too!

Cool
Dave L.
I need to ask my parents if we can take the trip this weekend, I hope they say yes.

BTW: if I get these and decide to not do this or feel I Connor move forward in the project without wrecking the engines then I’ll sell them to you.
He's taken the listing off and listed them separate. I'd better act quick!