Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off shoot to "why" (a discussion about vintage kart events and ideas going forward)
Hi everyone ,great thread and I,am also new this year to vintage karting. I,am a lot older than a lot of you [67] so my views maybe a little different. I use to race karts back in the late seventy,s and had the best time, but family and working made me give it up a few years later. One boring night early this year I was on the computer and just happen to look up karting and came across a  vintage kart site and that stroked my interest. What I like about vintage karting is I can have fun i repeat that, having fun and I don,t care if I finish last. i like tinkering with a old kart and turning laps with out having to buy the latest speed stuff or tires every other race.I only got to run one event this year and maybe 5 or 6 next year.I met the nicest people and would go out of there way to help me and anyone else. they are great people and as long as we have people like them vintage karting is so much better. If any of you have a question  on vintage karting, please ask  on this or any forum and someone will have the answer.So my take on vintage karting is having fun getting to know so many nice people ,keeping it vintage as some of the old karts should have slower motors, cause skinny tires and old brakes can make it dangerous if you give it to much motor.Mostly I will probaly   just go one day to the events, don,t want to get the wife to mad. At first when I told my wife I was thinking about getting a kart she ask if i lost my mind and do you know how old you are, but having seen all the different ages in vintage karting shes find with it. Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: Off shoot to "why" - by steve welte - 11-02-2017, 10:37 PM
RE: Off shoot to "why" - by johnnyrocket - 11-03-2017, 05:12 AM
RE: Off shoot to "why" - by Al Postiglione - 11-02-2017, 10:47 PM
RE: Off shoot to "why" (a discussion about vintage kart events and ideas going forward) - by Mel Ruffner - 11-03-2017, 08:22 AM