Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off shoot to "why" (a discussion about vintage kart events and ideas going forward)
(11-02-2017, 10:37 PM)steve welte Wrote: I get it you are new. Not every event is 3 days. Some are 2. We have local events in the Midwest we attend that are 1 for fun days. also every 3 day event that I know of, you can come and run 1 day or more. There is a practice only fee. Before you decide to build your own kart and race it be sure you understand the guidelines to doing that. Step back and get things in order. I for one manufacture our own race karts. You can find them in the "build off " section of the forum. So much to learn and digest. What could go wrong. It's just a simple go kart.

Steve
I mean absolutely no disrespect to the difficulty of fabrication of a go kart, bending up and welding a chassis should absolutely be left to the professionals.  But to buy a kit that you could paint yourself, pick your wheels, add stickers, and assemble yourself is fun for guys with general not professional mechanical skills.  I know that when we did the vintage BMX hobby and I am sorry for comparing the two hobbies again.  We in the beginning were totally against letting in "retro" but when we finally accepted it company's like SE racing, Hutch, Skyway made the products and the money.  And then we as a group made it a separate class at the shows and races and now it 5 years later it has really taken off.  I know there has to be guys into vintage but are intimidated by the mechanical difficulties of finding and restoring an old kart, if the retro kits were readily availiable I could sell 3-5 tomorrow to me and my buddies.  Mix us in on your events and you have a whole new group, then with a beginners experience they will build the knowledge to the restoration process.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Off shoot to "why" - by steve welte - 11-02-2017, 10:37 PM
RE: Off shoot to "why" - by johnnyrocket - 11-03-2017, 05:12 AM
RE: Off shoot to "why" - by Al Postiglione - 11-02-2017, 10:47 PM