Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ID an enduro for a prospective vintage guy
Here's an endure kart that Marti Glimma has acquired. He'd like someone to identify the brand and year. If it is anything worth wanting, he may want to trade someone for a vintage sprint kart so he may join the ranks. He's in Michigan. Let's see if we can recruit a new member of our slightly insane bunch. Thanks. Ted
1979 Hartman Enduro? Look at the steering “hoop.” on top their should be some numbers on each side. On one of the sides it will probably have something like SD79. SD I based on other information I found stands for “Steve Derkson” who welded the enduro frames. 79 being the year of the kart. It may vary. Could be wrong!!

Provided is a picture of Steve O’ Hara’s Hartman enduro.

Never mind. Didn’t look at pictures close enough. Sorry!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I don't know, Vico. The Hartman has a two tube steering support, Marti's kart looks like a single post, and the front bumper attachment is different. I hope more guys will chime in. I need to send the pix to Ben Herr. He runs the "lost endures" website, and he might have some thoughts as well. Thanks, and keep up the good work. Ted
(10-25-2017, 02:12 PM)ted johnson Wrote: I don't know, Vico. The Hartman has a two tube steering support, Marti's kart looks like a single post, and the front bumper attachment is different. I hope more guys will chime in. I need to send the pix to Ben Herr. He runs the "lost endures" website, and he might have some thoughts as well. Thanks, and keep up the good work. Ted

Yep. I didn’t study the pictures close enough and jumped to a conclusion. My bad.
quick silver
Thanks, Chuck. I found pix of Sigafoose'e Quicksilver, and it matches Marti's kart. John at Fox Valley is helping me get in touch with a guy that's a Quicksilver guru so we can pin the age down. Thanks again! Ted
Check with Comet since they built them.
Brent, Chuck ID'd the kart correctly. I'm no endure guy. Thanks. TJ
Based upon the spindle arrangement it is a first generation Quicksilver, possibly early '80's.
Hey, Alan. That was what we figured. I haven't heard back from Marti, so I'm out of the equation. TJ