Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is it. (New Pictures added)

(10-17-2017, 12:56 PM)tom dandes Wrote: This is what I know of so far; the four stroke doesn't belong, it has a single bar riser for the steering, center cross member, adjustable front spindles with the master cylinder forward near the wishbones like a bug wasp. It looks looks late model but the nerf bars are short and near the rear seat like a Margay and they don't run fully down the sides. 

Anyone have a idea of what it is and year?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1979-81 Emmick Arrow I, II, or III?

(10-18-2017, 02:11 PM)Ludovico Prelogar Wrote: 1979-81 Emmick Arrow I, II, or III?

Thank you for responding,

I was thinking it was an Emmick but the single riser for the steering is got me stumped.
(10-18-2017, 05:21 PM)tom dandes Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 02:11 PM)Ludovico Prelogar Wrote: 1979-81 Emmick Arrow I, II, or III?

Thank you for responding,

I was thinking it was an Emmick but the single riser for the steering is got me stumped.

I'm not very good at identifying, other people on here will have a much more confident answer.
Not an Emmick.
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
(10-19-2017, 01:07 PM)Jim Waltz Wrote: Not an Emmick.

Right now it's one vote each for Emmick, Bug, Invader and an Elite. I was hoping someone could pin it down for me so I could make sure it was legal. I would like to build it for my son to race at the vintage events.

The rear bumper, cross bars by the seat, and nerf bars make want to believe its a Bug but then it has the single steering riser and camber adjustments for the front spindles that I've never seen on a Bug. The single lower steering bar make me also think it's an Elite. I have a Shark the Elites older brother. It also has the single lower bar but it's not straight like this one.
Tom,
Is that your kart or are you considering to buy it? Do you know the diameter of the rear axle and the frame tubing? Also, have you checked vdm46.com yet? They have lots of great information on the karts you listed in your last post. If you don’t find anything comparable, then use the “contact us” feature on their website and send them a photo to see if they can suggest anything. I’m with Jim in that it’s definitely not an Emmick. Unfortunately, I don’t think it’s from any of the manufacturers you have listed above. I’ve never seen on any Bug, Emmick, or Invader heim joints used for spindles and have never seen “K” braces that are bolted to instead of welded to the main frame rails. Good luck finding out more and please update this thread with anything you might find out...

Regards,
Vince
It does have a 1" axle and the tubing is also 1" except for the upright for the steering shaft.

Tom

It does have a 1" axle and the tubing except for the upright for the steering shaft. I am considering buying it but holding back because no one has been able to pin it down. I did check the web site and it does resemble a Bug kart for the rear end, rear bumper, nerf bars and floor pan. But the adjustable spindle and upright for the steering just screws everything up. 

I've also been told it's an Elite.

Tom
Tom,

I came across a Phantom Chassis kart that had similar features as the kart pictured above. It had heim joint spindles, a singular steering heim joint upright, a similar rear bumper and a similar lower steering mount. I believe they are primarily dirt track racing karts. Their telephone number is 704-855-3165 in case you wanted to see if they can help identify it. Good luck.

Regards,
Vince
Thanks for all the reply's. I went and seen the kart yesterday and it's not what I was told. It has the larger frame tubing and rear axle. Also the rear bumper had been modified by adding a bottom bar making it look like a bug. From what I can tell this thing is probably made very late 80's to 90's so I passed on it.