Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About ready to get another..
I've been slowly looking around Craigslist, eBay, and Facebook marketplace lately because I've started to develop the money for another kart at my grandmothers house, which I am at as often as my parents house if not more. I still don't have a lot, and at the moment may not get me very far, but hope to expand the money I have as the weeks move on.

I am not really sure what I want, but most likely rear engine kart, unless it is something like a 68-70 Margay New Breed with the option of sidewinder or rear/something of the equivalent. Doesn't need to be very nice, just a solid base. I may even consider a sidewinder. I would say 60's to early 70's.

Like I said, the money will hopefully increase, but for now the money I have totals to roughly $360-$400.

This will continue to be updated.

Thanks!

Vico
Vico,

Where are you?  City and state please.

BTW, you can add this to your signature.  Click on the down arrow next to your name, and then click on User CP.

You can also add it to your user title by choosing to edit your profile at User CP.
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
Sorry, Jim! I didn't realize I didn't say where I was, but I'm in Leawood, Kansas.

I have tried to add it to my user title but it did not like that and wouldn't change. And then, I can't find the signature to try that. I've seen it before, I just can't find it this time? Maybe I need to look on the full forum. I'm on the mobile version on my phone.
Vico,
Just a word of advice from someone that has bought quite a few karts since I started vintage in 2011.There is always going to be a better or more desireable kart that you want. Save your money and don't be too quick to buy another kart right away. You are doing great with the kart you have so do a lot of looking at the different karts at events and consider what you will want to be driving in the future. I f you think you will be moving up to the faster classes later on consider the karts that guys are having the most success with with like Burton Magnums, Invader, Emmick and Margay Expert. These karts are not as easy to find as others and if you find a good one at a reasonable price it would be a great buy. Also easier to sell than others that are more easy to find.Also pay close attention to the VKA class guidelines as the 80-87 karts can only be driven in 2 classes. Hope this helps in your decision making process!
Thanks, Tom! I plan on continuing to use my kart at VKA events. I will continue saving up money. I did not mention this in my first post but thought about doing so last night that I'm in no hurry to buy one. It just means more money for a kart. At the moment I am thinking of things I can sell to gain more money. If I do get this next kart, I would say there is a chance that I will not use it in events but mainly to tinker, work on, and enjoy for parking lot/private street use.

Feel free to comment on my comment commenting your comment.
Margay Concept in So. Calif.
Best Offer, I can't use it.  It could be a survivor kart, or restored....  It is all there and original
seat mounting spacers are obviously incorrect, but everything else is as it came from Margay
thanks
John
714 290 2817

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thank you very much Mr. Odell. I will consider your offer for the kart in comparing with other karts. I would say the main issue would be that your in California and I'm in Kansas.

Thanks again!
Vico.....$500 Margay Pro X...... no engine,no Emmick fuel tank, shipping included by Bus Freighter .

Needs some attention to the wheels and might need some new axle bearings in the rear, other then that it's a clean machine !

I have it listed, but local folks seemed to only want it to be running and brand new for their child to have "Yardy".

It's a nice Vintage racer.....not a yardy cart .

Or if you want the nicest handling rear engine Bug (roller).....I'm also letting go of this Welte Racer, not cheap $1600 .

Several people have looked at my NOS K&P sidewinder, but I haven't been presented with any cash yet so still available.

Here's my CL ad :

https://chico.craigslist.org/mcy/d/karts...09772.html

Thanks so much, Randy!

I'm really sad to hear that your leaving the sport, however, sometimes our hobbies have to be put second.(something I think we all wish didn't have to happen.)

I will surely consider your karts as an option for me.

I appreciate the offers.

Vico
The Margay sold ......