Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VROOM Magazine October 2017
Ireland's Mr. Frank Weir attended the TBO Rear karting event and provided coverage to euro karting magazine - VROOM in their October 2017 issue. Frank also attends the Adams VKA event. Thank You Frank !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

yep...pretty cool to be in Vroom...

gw
What's the chance of getting a legible copy of the article?
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
Frank deserves the thanks of all vintage karters. He not only has presented our sport to an international audience in a very careful and accurate way, he's been a good personal friend to all of us. Thank you, Frank! Ted
For some reason depending on what device you view or open the article pages, it may not be readable. I will work on this later after work. Thanks, Romero
Thanks Romero!
So this is going to look a bit off, but I am not familiar with HTML 5 reader and what to do with them. Tried a few different things, but selected screed shots of the 4 pages is next.

(10-09-2017, 09:05 PM)Romero Llamas Wrote: Ireland's Mr. Frank Weir attended the TBO Rear karting event and provided coverage to euro karting magazine - VROOM in their October 2017 issue. Frank also attends the Adams VKA event. Thank You Frank !

This isn't the first time Frank's interfaced with Vroom on vintage karts. Along with other articles, Frank wrote a very complete article showing pix and description of the design and fabrication of my and Charlie Craibe's '62 Swoopdter Bandit karts in the 2008-2009 time frame. It was published in Vroom, and is a great example of Frank's thorough way of researching and writing an article. Ted
I found Vroom Magazine's website. The preview doesn't show Frank's article, but the October issue is available for download for $1.99. www.vroomkart.com/magazine
And he was nice enough to photo me seated in Jack Murray's Excaliber Jr. at Adams a few years ago.

I wanted to see if it was as impossible for a regular sized person to drive as it appeared it was.  Way more cramped that even a Rathmann Exterminator, which I did get to drive at Bakersfield a few years ago.  Driving an Excaliber would result in my being deprived of some critical body parts..........

Fortunately he did not photograph the three people it took to help me get out of the kart afterwards.